Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another newbie with issues XB9SX

OMG ....somebody said homo".

Homo.... what the... who said that:
    what the...jpg

And I thought I was the child!

you guys....

Hey leakyrat, welcome to your new obsession. Not that it's any of my business but just wondering, how old are you and what's your driving record like? I'm in Kitchener, I'm 54 running an 08 XB12 firebolt. I'm paying just under $1000 a year full coverage with Riders Plus. Can't imagine there's much difference between a 12 and a 9. As for Canadian parts, I got mine brand new in 09 from Privateers HD in Halifax. I know they're still very Buell friendly, as is the HD dealer in Barrie. The guys at Kitchener Harley ( now Black bridge Harley) in Cambridge have always been good to me. There are a couple of excellent Buell techs at Jacox in Mississauga but don't hold your breath for much help at the parts desk.

Good luck, Wayne

Hey Racepro716, thanks for the Buell friendly sources. There's a lot of parts I'm going to have to order and I hate paying customs. For insurance I'm mid thirties, have a clean record, and have had my full M for ~8 years. TD insurance on the 9 costs me $1000. I was quoted (a few years ago) $1500 for the 9 and $3000 for the 12, as the extra CC pushed it into sportbike territory. So I would guess a 12 would cost me around $2000 per year now. I'm hunting for new insurance for the spring so I'll make sure to contact Riders Plus to get another quote.

And I complain about paying $800 a year for three bikes, I won't do that anymore !

No doubt...I'm at something like $800 for four....just...wow.

I can confirm the T-Rex stand will work with the XB swingarm....

Hey leaky? That's the thing, for some crazy reason Riders Plus doesn't consider my 12 a sportbike! If you wanna find something even more crazy, look up a Benelli Cafe Racer. My brother has one and they don't consider it a sportbike either. Look at the name! it's called a CAFE RACER!! lol Just keeping our mouths shut flying under the radar.... As for paying customs, try having stuff from the States sent US Postal service, it saves you the brokerage fees that you have to pay with UPS of Fed-Ex. Also I believe under NAFTA, US made motorcycle parts come across duty-free.

Again good luck, Wayne

Hey racepro, That Benelli is crazy, where can you even get one in Canada? I'm definitely going to check out Riders Plus.

Started work on the bike yesterday. Tried to start it but the battery was flat. Had to pull some tender cables off another bike, and then after charging for about 5 minutes it fired right up. Warmed the oil for a minute and drained. I took the muffler off so I could drain that little hex-key under the engine to get the last of the old oil out. It looked pretty dark and old but there wasn't any metal on the drain plug magnet. Checked the primary chain tension which looked good. I'm going to take the whole primary cover off soon to double check that and the clutch.

Going to clean up some electrical today and figure out what parts I need to order to do all the bearings, plugs, wires, etc.

BUELL.jpg

Hey leaky, the short answer is you can't get one, lol. He got his in 2010 from a dealer in Vancouver, it was a demo. If you look on You Tube and see Onewheeldrive.com, that's HIS bike. ( he's looked and the casting marks on the fork leg in the video match exactly) If you think our bikes are hard to get parts / service get this. There are NO dealers in North America, everything comes from China or Europe. There's ONE guy just outside of Pittsburgh who does tuning on these things. People actually fly this guy to them to have their bikes fixed. Until you see this bike in person ( and I'm sure you will, you're just down the road, we'll meet come nice weather )you have no idea how cool it is. People used to come over to see my bike, now they damn near kick mine out of the way to see his,lol.

Keep working, you're gonna love this thing Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12