Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marriage proposal dilemma

MAX POWER would know the right answer to your question...

Max-Power-2-592x400.jpg

I'm pretty sure that dear Abby rides a Buell !

I must agree, this is not the right place, sorry.

If you're asking here, seems to me the answer should be to ask her while riding your Buell.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f1/dd...a8eb24ddbd.jpg

That ones a keeper!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
    Looking for some opinions from the Buell community:

I'm going to propose to my GF. Was thinking about doing it at dinner on Valentines Day, but wondering if that's too cliche or cheesy. She mentioned once that she'd like it if I did it in front of her friends. I'm not the kind of guy to showboat, I'm kinda private, and I feel like something this personal should just be between the two of us. That being said, I try not to be selfish, and this isn't just about me. If that's what she really wants, maybe I should do it that way? Would probably not be until Saturday the 17th if I wait to ask her in front of her friends (would be at a watering hole we go to).

Thoughts/opinions?
    I see your dilemma as I'm a pretty private guy as well, and feel that something as important and personal as that should be shared between the two people involved.

However, like you mentioned, the whole getting married thing is for her. She will likely remember it for quite a while (hopefully) and if you do it wrong, she will likely remember that and express disappointment every time she tells her friends about it. If you do it the way she wants, she will (probably) always speak favorably about how "perfect" it was that you asked in front of her friends. You will likely have bigger challenges in the marriage, so don't get started off to a bad start, if you can help it. Women will often place "challenges" in front of you and/or stir up something to test your reaction.

PS. 34nineteen falls into the category of "happily divorced"

" Women will often place "challenges" in front of you and/or stir up something to test your reaction. "

So true !

This thread is titled appropriately, so no one forced anyone to click on it? I do not see a problem here.
    Sarge there is something called a Love Bank that women keep track of in a relationship. If you do what she desires it would be making a huge deposit into the Love Bank and keep your balance positive. You absolutely do not want this account to go negative, and do not let her know that you know about the Love Bank, especially that you are tracking the balance at all. If she knows that you know she will drain the account dry and keep it drained and you will have to get rid of her before she bankrupts you.

I've decided to propose to my Ully, no, make that my SS, no, make that my friends STT, it'll be a fling so what ! I'll hit on her some time during the next ride, when my friend is off getting something to stuff his face with.

I did take the Tiger out hunting today, it was beautiful here, sunny and in the 50's no salt on the roads as the rain washed it away.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    This thread is titled appropriately, so no one forced anyone to click on it? I do not see a problem here.
    Sarge there is something called a Love Bank that women keep track of in a relationship. If you do what she desires it would be making a huge deposit into the Love Bank and keep your balance positive. You absolutely do not want this account to go negative, and do not let her know that you know about the Love Bank, especially that you are tracking the balance at all. If she knows that you know she will drain the account dry and keep it drained and you will have to get rid of her before she bankrupts you.
    oh really? well it's posted under "general motorcycle chat". the operative word being motorcycle.

" Joanie loves Chachi "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast