Thread: ECMSpy and buelltooth adapter

Threaded View

ECMSpy and buelltooth adapter

So a piece of metal inside my hawk muffler broke off and is rattling around inside. Never liked the muffler myself and ive swapped it out for the stock pipe. Problem is that the prior owner had it dyno tuned (runs great!) but with the stock pipe installed now I need a stock map. I've read up on as much as I can regarding this problem and have made progress but am running into issues.

I have a stock xb9s EEPROM in.txt format that was dumped from ecmspy
    I have a buelltooth adapter that connects OK to ECMdroid app but it uses .xpr format and I don't know of any way to convert
    My win7x64 laptop will connect to the buelltooth adapter (red light solid on buelltooth)
    I have installed ecmspy 1.12.27 but get a com port timeout error.
    Tried all com ports, even installing a new client com port for the bluetooth adapter.
    Tried 3 different bluetooth stacks
    I don't have an ecmspy cable
    Have not yet tried a different computer or bluetooth adapter (hopefully tomorrow)

Ultimately I just want to upload a stock eeprom so the bike runs right. Figured I would use the buelltooth to connect ecmspy and upload but cant get it to work. Anyone have suggestions on getting the buelltooth to work with ecmspy version I have?

Or does anyone have a stock eeprom in .xpr format I can use to burn?

I want to go on a ride this weekend but don't want to reinstall my junk hawk muffler! help!
    Attached Images Attached Images