Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 XB9SX ECM maps for Jardine exhausts and hi flow filter

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    Mesozoic that's not what I said. I said they are useless for him in a "flashing" sense which can't be done... I also stated he currently only has ECMDroid, again without diving into the hexadecimal data it cannot be done. I was simply explaining what can and what cannot be done with the tools (software) he currently has available right now and if he decides based on that provided info to go deeper into actually tuning, what options there are for a DDFI-3 ECM equipped motorcycle.

I host on my google drive for any of our members an excel sheet that was made by Mike (Xopimized) to simply interpolate rows/columns when repurposing the "0" rows/columns or rescaling the originals, Cole also made up something similar when working with MONO. I would not start with modified DDFI-2 data, If I was him I'd take my AFV correction% and apply it to open loop fuel cells then live tune closed loop cells for 0% EGO correction with AFV locked at 100 as a starting point. All the work involved converting tables from someone elses bike in a completely different climate (AZ vs. IA) would arguably have the cells out from ideal than the above process. Of course everyone is free to go about getting an ideal result any way they like, I choose to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible with a padded margin of safety on fueling, especially if attempting to do it without a wideband.

EDIT: OP is from Iowa not Kansas as I had put above.
    +1 on datalogging and tuning it yourself. I've had great results by tuning my own bikes, neither of which are stock Buells. Of the 2, the 1125CR had the best factory map - it was actually quite good for a full stock setup. The XB12Ss on the otherhand, wouldn't even idle reliably when I purchased it brand new.

I had emailed Buelltooth in hopes that they could get me a tune for my '08 XB9SX. The gentleman I spoke to (Dave), had contacted me back last week. I emailed him a copy of my EEPROM for a BUEOD ecm.

He emailed me back shortly later with a XB9 Race BUEOD .xpr file. He didn't have a tune for the Jardine, but this should be closer to what I need than stock, and at least should be a good starting point in the right direction.

And another poster asked what color my bike is. It is the Kick Ask version, although I really want to change the colors up on it. Maybe paint/powdercoat the frame, and maybe the wheels, or trade them for someone who wants the factory black wheels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12