Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 XB9SX ECM maps for Jardine exhausts and hi flow filter

2008 XB9SX ECM maps for Jardine exhausts and hi flow filter

Does anyone have an ECM map file for 2008 XB9SX with Jardine exhausts and hi flow filter?

I contacted Jardine and they sent me away.

I've tried Buelltooth.com by providing form fields and haven't gotten any email response.

The muffler sure looks like an RT-1 but the pipe says GP-1 on it.

5a583283cfe68320b9214d0d.jpg
    5a58327ccfe68320b9214cfe.jpg

It is possible my bike has been tuned but I would like to have the standard map for intake and exhaust for comparison.

Thanks.

You and I are in the same boat.

Just two weeks ago bought a 2008 XB9SX. The previous owner installed a Jardine RT-1 slip on.

And...I just received my Buelltooth yesterday (and emailed them).

Now need some tunes to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOperator View Post
    You and I are in the same boat.

Just two weeks ago bought a 2008 XB9SX. The previous owner installed a Jardine RT-1 slip on.

And...I just received my Buelltooth yesterday (and emailed them).

Now need some tunes to start with.
    Cool congratulations! I am excited to ride this bike. What color? Mine's black and green w carbon fiber pieces.

I filled out that buelltooth map request form like 4 times because I haven't received a map or email. If you share a map you find I'll promise to do the same for you. Deal?

What ECM firmware? BUE1D?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    What ECM firmware? BUE1D?
    No, mine's BUEYD. Screenshot_20180214-214236.jpg

I don't have anything for DDFI-3, but I do have an '07 EBR map for an XB9. I reckon the fuel and spark maps are what you're after anyway. I can post the spark and fuel tables up here if you like.

I don't have anything for DDFI-3, but I do have an '07 EBR map for an XB9. I reckon the fuel and spark maps are what you're after anyway. I can post the spark and fuel tables up here if you like.
    DDFI-3 has much more resolution (data cells) than DDFI-2 so he wouldn't be able to do anything with your fuel/timing maps. I believe he only has access to ECMDroid currently so importing "maps only" is impossible. With ECMDroid you will need a full .xpr file formatted for your BUEYD ECM, you could alternatively alter the maps by editing the hexadecimal data using ECMDroid but I would highly advise against that... There are two other (more complete) software options available though. You could donate to ECMSpy and run their MONO software allowing you to manually edit the fuel/timing maps(along with other parameters), flash just the fuel/timing data, or run the "dynamic maps" tool allowing fine tuning of your current fuel maps. The other software that will work with your 08 and can do the same as above option would be TunerProRT, all but a steeper learning curve to accomplish the same outcome, this software is completely free to use.

Thank you all for the replies!

Yep, I think lowkey is correct that the 2008 is different than 2007 and earlier.

I was referred to TunerPro recently by another so may give that a try. I just got to the ECMSpy site also so I could donate-to and try that first since it is easier to learn. If anyone else has any maps for the 2008 and above XB9SX, I'd be interested to get a hold of for comparison.

I was just hoping someone might have canned maps xpr files for various exhaust setups, like on the buelltooth website. Unfortunately most of those are for the XB12 varieties. That's two reasons now that I should have looked for a 12 :-/

The first reason I should have maybe gotten a 12 is that I think I could handle more like from the 1203--did my first ride around the block today while the streets are dry (now rain and sleet are upon us again). Wow these Buell bikes feel different, like a lighter sportster that you can lean! Of course I couldn't lean because there is sand everywhere right now. Anyhow it felt like I sit more "on top of" than "in" the bike and it took me a few shifts to get the hang of the new foot position. My green machine is a fun bike but, I'm thinking the 12 would have made me smile a bit more...maybe too soon to tell though. However, when I got on it in a straight stretch, it felt a lot like my stage one, tuned Iron 883. Hmm I wonder if my PowerVision can tune a Buell XBSX? Might be something to look into. I know it can be licensed for more bikes. Oh and that Jardine pipe does do some popping on decel but not as much as I would have expected. I should definitely ride it this way for a while I think.

Man this is going to be a fun season!

2008 and newer Buell's use DDFI-3, the earlier XBs are DDFI-2. It doesn't matter that the fuel and spark maps are different resolutions between the two, it's simple enough to interpolate from one to the other using Matlab or some other tools that enthusiasts have written over the years. Personally, I use TunerPro RT for tuning both my XB and 1125CR, I even use it to tune some of my older EFI Fords. Very good tool, but not for the faint of heart.

2008 and newer Buell's use DDFI-3, the earlier XBs are DDFI-2. It doesn't matter that the fuel and spark maps are different resolutions between the two, it's simple enough to interpolate from one to the other using Matlab or some other tools that enthusiasts have written over the years.
    Mesozoic that's not what I said. I said they are useless for him in a "flashing" sense which can't be done... I also stated he currently only has ECMDroid, again without diving into the hexadecimal data it cannot be done. I was simply explaining what can and what cannot be done with the tools (software) he currently has available right now and if he decides based on that provided info to go deeper into actually tuning, what options there are for a DDFI-3 ECM equipped motorcycle.

I host on my google drive for any of our members an excel sheet that was made by Mike (Xopimized) to simply interpolate rows/columns when repurposing the "0" rows/columns or rescaling the originals, Cole also made up something similar when working with MONO. I would not start with modified DDFI-2 data, If I was him I'd take my AFV correction% and apply it to open loop fuel cells then live tune closed loop cells for 0% EGO correction with AFV locked at 100 as a starting point. All the work involved converting tables from someone elses bike in a completely different climate (AZ vs. IA) would arguably have the cells out from ideal than the above process. Of course everyone is free to go about getting an ideal result any way they like, I choose to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible with a padded margin of safety on fueling, especially if attempting to do it without a wideband.

EDIT: OP is from Iowa not Kansas as I had put above.

Last edited by lowkey; 02-22-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast