Thread: New Buell owner

New Buell owner

Okay, so I've long coveted the Buell XB's since I first test rode them 10+ years ago, and now I finally have one.

It's a 2008 XB9SX that I picked up from a dealer last week. It had just over 13k on the odo and is in good to very good condition. The previous owner installed a Jardine RT-1 slip on and it sounds pretty good. The bike also has bar end mirrors.

That said, I don't really care for the looks of the City X. I pulled the hand guards, the headlight grill, the passenger pegs and the upper and lower belt guards. I also ordered the M0076.3AE seat for it. (Also received a Buelltooth yesterday).

So far it's looking a lot better (sans seat). I'm waiting on the seat and may opt to lower it with scg stuff.

In the mean time, I was thinking about switching out the bars for something more like the standard S bars (or something lower, perhaps firebolt triple tree/bars?), adding a K&N filter, pulling the vent tubes out of the air box, etc. The PO hasn't installed the chin fairing brackets that come with the RT1, and subsequently the chin fairing, so I'm gonna source those mounting parts from Jardine and the chin fairing from wherever I can find a like new or new one.

I look forward to this riding season. ;-)
    Last edited by AlphaOperator; 02-22-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Grammatical clarity

Renthal RC Ultra-lows work well, or use the upper triple from a Firebolt for the clip-ons.

Chin fairing brackets from Dean at Keda work on that Jardine, e-bay is a good source of used plastics. If you want them new SPHDonline.com is the place.

Don't forget normal maintenance like oil/primary/fork/and especially flush the brake fluid.

Welcome to the forum, we love pics!

Inactive
    That said, I don't really care for the looks of the City X. I pulled the hand guards, the headlight grill, the passenger pegs and the upper and lower belt guards.

if you're interested and in need of supplemental funds to finance the parts purchases you mentioned i'd like to buy the hand guards, guard mounts at both ends, headlight grill, belt guards. PM me if interested. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    That said, I don't really care for the looks of the City X. I pulled the hand guards, the headlight grill, the passenger pegs and the upper and lower belt guards.

if you're interested and in need of supplemental funds to finance the parts purchases you mentioned i'd like to buy the hand guards, guard mounts at both ends, headlight grill, belt guards. PM me if interested. thanks!
    I'll think about it and get back to you.

I recently received a new M0076.3AE seat from Surdyke, and likely won't be switching it out any time soon, so if I let the other parts go, I'll likely be looking to sell the seat as well fwiw.

Also may opt for some different bars, hell, maybe even the scg components.

Guess I'll figure my goal out and go from there.... ;-)