Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need parts to convert 2009 Lightning to Uly seat and tail

Need parts to convert 2009 Lightning to Uly seat and tail

I have a 2009 Lightning ss that I would like to convert the seat, tail and fender to Ulyssys parts. I have read what it takes and would like to purchase these in reasonable condition, seat can be either the lowered or stock seat. Anybody know where I can find this?

eBay also has a 2007 undertail tray and battery pan for an xb12x. I believe both eBay and sphdonline.com has new xb12x seat rails also but you may have fitment tissues between the x rails and the ss frame mount bolt holes.

I’d be interested in your ss tail if you’re selling.
    Last edited by stickr; 02-23-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stickr View Post
    eBay also has a 2007 undertail tray and battery pan for an xb12x. I believe both eBay and sphdonline.com has new xb12x seat rails also but you may have fitment tissues between the x rails and the ss frame mount bolt holes.

I’d be interested in your ss tail if you’re selling.
    Not for sure, but i think the seat rails are the same on all the long tail bikes

i have uly rails if youre looking....

stickr - at this point I'm probably going to hold on to the parts so If I don't like the results I can go back. After the conversion,if I like the way it turns out, I might let them go. If I do, I'll let you know. I have read the parts are interchangable without modifying them so it should be an easy switch.
    Trying to determine how rough the parts on Ebay are? Don't mind painting the rear cowl but the backrest isn't so easy to tidy up if it's a mess.

Question, is the battery tray and "inner fender" the same on a Ulyssys and an SS, asking because the shock is longer on the ulyssys so will there be a clearance issue with the new Uly parts on an SS?

Sorry my mistake. I was confusing it with an ss to s tail conversion. All the long frame bikes will take any long frame seat rails.

with drilling out 2 hole on each rail

ztied, are you saying I would need to drill 2 holes in my SS rails to make the Uly parts work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast