Thread: Parting out 2009 XB12R and 2008 XB12SS bikes

Parting out 2009 XB12R and 2008 XB12SS bikes

I am currently looking to buy complete bikes with the XB 12 engine that has the flat style cam cover, which I believe is 2008 and up production years
    The 2009 XB12R has just over 12,000 miles,and the 2008 XB12SS is the long model with just over 16,000 miles
    All I will be keeping are the engines, and everything else will be available, including the fuel injection system, since we use a conventional carburetor
    These later model engines are used as the main power plant in the SHR Enterprises Grand National Replica
    This is a custom hand built chrome moly tube flat track race bike that is street legal in certain states and can also be raced in the hooligan class flat track series if desired
    Depending on the state you live in, changes might be needed to meet dot requirements
    Feel free to do a SHR search and see what is being built, the following post has one picture uploaded from Italy
    Upcoming plans are in the design stage to make this chassis capable of using OEM Buell suspension, wheels, brakes, etc...
    Contact SHR for further information regarding having one built for you
    Billy Hoffmeister is the owner and he can be reached at 651-503-5817
    Any questions regarding the Grand National Replica should be with Billy, I’m new to the company and Im just getting started Thanks, Randy
    Last edited by Dt38k; 03-02-2018 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Misspelled words

105E913F-016E-46CE-9173-BC7535166C1E.jpg
    Here is a picture of a Grand National Replica
    The owner and the bike, resides in Italy
    Last edited by Dt38k; 03-02-2018 at 05:21 AM.

Curious why you guys went with the full perimeter frame? Nostalgia?

I'd be interested in a stock muffler, if either of these bikes still has one.

Do you have a chin fairing available? If so, could you post some pics?

Thanks

Sorry to say that there has been a change of plans at the moment on parting these two bike out
    We have located a guy that bought a good share of parts at the Buell auction and we have made an arrangement to buy several engines from him so when spring arrives, we will sell the bikes complete locally

Grand National Replicas
    Closet to the real thing and a whole lot more dependable for the street
    No where else can a person buy a street legal C and J race frame dirt track bike like this one

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B6JBI3srDheFChd73

Not to take away from your project but, Indian said this is a strong possibility !

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/B6JBI3srDheFChd73

Not to take away from your project but, Indian said this is a strong possibility !
    As much as Indian wants per copy, the new owner should be able to do anything they want with it...including riding it on the street.