Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random musing about our Buells

Lowkey, I can’t wait to see that!
    You obviously know what you’re talking about and his subject is at least 70% of what’s on here. Good for you to spend your time helping fellow Buellers!

Njloco, thanks that is also right! my head space for the video was more setting the cells for as close to zero EGO correction as possible with the narrow band sensor in place. Why is this important? Because any time the ECM is not in closed loop idle the fueling is off from stoich if the above procedure is not done.

With live data running, the TPS value being off would be very apparent as the live data would have you out of the idle cells in the maps. At least this is what I think you would see as I've never had this happen before. I may just intentionally throw off the TPS value in the video to demonstrate if this is the case. Thank you for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Lowkey, I can’t wait to see that!!
    Thanks for the encouragement Cooter! I had the harness 95% done on Saturday while I was away house/dog sitting, the only thing I needed was two 5A fused lines, one constant power and the other switched on (key-on). Living in a small town sucks so if Harbor Freight doesn't have what I need I'm usually at Amazon waiting mercy, luckily the 3rd stop of the day had one and I'm using the constant power sourced from the battery tender plug (swapped the 15A for 5A). Could have done it all much easier but the goal is to have the harness plug-N-play with zero modifications to the stock motorcycle wiring harness. Now have to spend time with the Wife and to windy to try and make a video today but I will cover the harness leads in detail and where they go on the bike along with the WB I'm using.

coming in late on this one and i don't mean to detract from the excellent ECM posts, but as a former exclusive 2T rider, i can't get used to engine braking on my xb9! Everyone says "it's not enough" and i'm like "what is this braking thing". i always think "i've held it open as long as I want to, now get off the throttle and brake," and i'm slowed well up on the straight leading into the corner (and then i have to re-accelerate, which looks and feels goofy as the dickens).

I'm learning it, slowly. God help me if i ever fix my RD350 and go barging up to a corner expecting compression and armed with a 1973 single disc brake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12