Thread: Just wont crank

Just wont crank

I have a 2009 Buell Blast that I recently bought with 1400+ miles. I have driven it about 400miles with no problem.
    a couple of days ago I tried to crank it and it would not start. With key to on no lights or blinkers and the speedometer is flashing. also the relay under the seat on the left side is ticking. What's wrong????? I need my bike running asap. I forgot; it has a new battery that is hot and when U turn the key all the way to the left the speedometer lights up like it supposed to?????
    Last edited by John Bell; 03-05-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Clean all the grounds first, then check the fuse, that thing you hear clicking is probably the starter relay, this is a good place to start.

P.S. you posted this in the wrong place. This is for technical issues with the forum.

I have checked all the fuses but have not had time to look at it in a few days. It has power across the main fuse/breaker and my next move is to check power as it goes from the battery through the ignition system and especially looking for problems as juice goes to the switch and out of it to the starter etc. I checked the relay under the seat on the left hand side and it is good; it is the one that is ticking at the same tempo and the gage flashes. (Checked by applying power to it and then checking ohms across the other two pen.) I am thinking about checking the other relay on the right hand side. any more thoughts..... Still learning how this forum works, not sure how to post and where to chk for responses etc.

Fully charge your battery and get it checked. Just because it will run accessories on the bike, does not mean it is healthy enough to get it to crank.

My current project bike came with a "new" battery. The reality is that the previous owner of the previous owner I bought it from, bought it reconditioned from a battery shop a few years back. So, the "new" battery was really a 3 year old refurbished one.