Thread: Which rear axle

Threaded View

Which rear axle

I got a flat in the rear tire of my 1125CR. In removing the rear wheel, I noticed that the axle had been overtorqued and the center section of the shaft had more corrosion than would be expected for a natively Arizona bike. This prompted me to look in my parts bin and see if I had any other axles laying around. Several years back, I had seized the drive side rear wheel bearing on my '08 XB12Ss; I ended up shelling out for the upgraded 3-bearing wheel and axle installation kit from EBR. I vaguely recall that they sent me the wrong axle and had to send me a different one to get my XB back on the road. They didn't care to have me return the "wrong" axle. So I've got 3 axles in hand now, one is the corroded axle I pulled out of the 1125CR. Another is the stock axle for my '08 XB12Ss before I upgraded to the 3-bearing wheel. Lastly, I have a 3rd axle from EBR that did not fit my XB after upgrading to the 3-bearing wheel.

My question is, since the 3rd axle from EBR that didn't fit my XB is new and unused, can I install it in my 1125CR and expect all to be well despite still running a 2-bearing wheel? I'm not really sure what application it's for. Here's a pic of them all 3 side by side. From left to right: original '09 1125CR axle, original '08 XB12Ss axle, and new black axle that didn't fit my XB.
    Attached Images Attached Images