Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Data Link Connector - Need Help!

So I installed the Fan fuse and plugged in the fan, I was then able to clear the code (36). My bad. I also checked ALL the wires to the fan from the ECM and The fuse box for continuity and short to ground with a meter and all checked good. I was then able to run a FAN Test through ECM droid and it worked fine. If the fan is starting to go can it through the fault? Bearing seem fine now that I have the fan out and can see it run. Also, while removing the fan I noticed that one of the mounting screws was missing, telling me this fan has been removed before.... Hmm....
    I wouldn't mine putting a new one fan on now that I have this one out but looks like $150. I also need to spend $1000 on new 3 bearing rear wheel, + bearings and Axel, new tires and belt. ouch. Not sure I want to spend that extra $150 on a part that might not be needed.

Here is a much cheaper fan replacement alternative if you are comfortable modding the stock housing to replace with new one. http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...38/762330.html

Can't comment one way or the other if the motor going bad is the cause for the CEL. While you still have the fan out I do recommend replacing the O2 sensor, it runs about $20 at the local auto parts store. Al from ASB states to change them at 15K miles (mine died at roughly this mileage).

Interesting article on that fan, the guy just wired in a manual switch for the fan instead of being controlled by the ecu. Has anyone wired in a cylinder head temp gauge on one of these?

A manual switch is asking for trouble. Forget it just one time and its an issue

They have a cylinder head temp probe already, thats how the ECM knows how to turn on the fan. Further diagnosis will find that problem without hacking the bike.

Agreed, the link was just to show a possible cheaper alternative fan replacement solution for you. Best to leave it as is my friend. 2 pages back I listed the 3 instances of feedback I could find in the EEPROM for a DDFI2 bike, yours being more sophisticated could have more feedback parameters than that BUT a replacement of the fan or bypassing the harness fan wiring with your own two wires from the ECM pin outs direct to the fan should show you which of the two (fan/harness wires) are your issue IMO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123