Thread: Engine Temp Lite ?

Engine Temp Lite ?

Just bought a 06 Ulysses yesterday. Rode around the block and back and shut it off. Few minutes later tried to start it and it cranked over but had a hard time starting,and I noticed the temperature lite(picture of two cylinders?) was on. Finally started but took a little bit. Seemed like it had a rich condition. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Inactive
    danny: that is NOT an engine temp light. it is your CEL otherwise known as "check engine light". can signify many things when illuminated to include but not limited to stored fault code....low battery/charging voltage....ecm failure....BAS and assorted EFI component related failure.....all outlined and explained in both the service and owners manual.
    try this with red-run switch(right side handlebar switch gear mounted rocker switch) in OFF position:
    key to on....red-run switch to on...CEL illuminated and cycling thru....now should extinguish signifying "good to start". if your ulysses now starts ok and CEL extinguishes and stays extinguished you're good to go. if NOT you have one or more stored fault codes and most likely #16 related to low voltage/faulty battery/low charging situation.
    try this procedure and report back.
    no thoughts on "rich condition".

Read through this forum and you'll find that starting these bikes for a short run, is not good. Once started, they need to be ridden, blown out, other wise, they build up a lot of carbon.

Follow John's recommendations above and he'll get you all fixed up.

Inactive
    you're quite welcome.

Thanks guys. I had looked for my post a day or so after I made it, and could not find it. I just made another one, and my original just showed up. I need to be more computer savvy!! Thanks again for your response.