Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know where to find some Crossroads 0 degree handlebars (just the bars)?

Anyone know where to find some Crossroads 0 degree handlebars (just the bars)?

I'd really like to pick up a set of Crossroads 0 degree handle bars. Just the bars if at all possible, I already have a lead on a plate, but if someone has or knows of a complete set, that'd be cool too.

There's none on eBay and I can't seem to find anything else on the web.

Any help is appreciated.

I believe regular 7/8" clip-ons fit. No need for specific "Crossroads bars" to fit the Crossroads bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I believe regular 7/8" clip-ons fit. No need for specific "Crossroads bars" to fit the Crossroads bracket.
    From looking at pics of the bars online, it appeared as though they have 90 degree edges milled into the end of the bars, which locate the bars into the plate.

Which I believe is also how one could change the can't angle because the angles are cut different on the bars (0 vs -7).

There's some pics in this link, showing what I'm talking about.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1507055127

Yup, you're right. I thought they fit inside that bracket. I was thinking stock XBR upper triple.

IMO, better looking, easier to find, cheaper, and you can replace the bars easily if it gets knocked over, instead of trying to find an obscure part. I believe mirrors, turn signals, and bars are all disposable parts. Make them cheap and easy to swap.

You'll need to mod the stock key switch/lock cylinder mount (at least) to clear the gauges. I wonder if it clears the stock XBS headlight 'pods'? for an easy swap.
    Last edited by Cooter; 03-11-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Have you looked at 1125R upper triples? I think the bars come out at an angle, compared to the Firebolt. Are the fork tubes the same diameter? Thing that make ya go HMMMMMM.....

Going the Firebolt route had crossed my mind but I'd really rather not drop the bars quite that low and *think* if given the option between the two, I'd prefer the slightly higher sitting crossroads option.

You could use 43mm fork clamp-ons with tall risers, but the XBS key switch is right in the way.

I like Renthal RC Ultra-lows for bars on an S. You're right in the middle of no mans land. Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You could use 43mm fork clamp-ons with tall risers, but the XBS key switch is right in the way.

I like Renthal RC Ultra-lows for bars on an S. You're right in the middle of no mans land. Good luck man.
    I had also thought about lowering the bike further with SCG components too. The rear shock is the cheap and easy part. The front is where it gets more expensive with swapping shocks, lower triple, etc, so I had thought to go the poor man's route and slip the forks in the triple and place clip-ons above the top triple (and replacing the rear shock with the SCG version).

Kinda killing two birds with one stone and all that.

probably talking about the lead on the plate i have on ebay?

Im hoping to have a few sets of 0 degree bars available next month!

with the said... anyone here installed an actual set of crossroad bars on their bike? The bars have holes to align the switch housings... but from what i see i didnt notice any alignment pins on the housings themselves. So are these holes in the bars really needed?
    Not a big deal to do, but is it needed?

Last edited by pur pony; 03-12-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast