Thread: XB12Ss swing arm onto an XB12S swap question

XB12Ss swing arm onto an XB12S swap question

I have an 06 XB12s and wanted a little bit longer swing arm so I bought a Ss or X or Uly arm, (2 of them both off 2006 bikes) that said what do I have to change to make it work? I already see the coil-over hitting on the battery box... Thankyou for any insight here, Tom

You need the longer belt, Ss, X, Xt idler bracket, and the shock extension.

Belt

https://shop.newcastlehd.com/part/g05001akf

Shock Extension

https://buellsterparts.com/product.s...&categoryId=20
    Last edited by oh9bolt; 03-12-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Azmidget put a SS swingarm on his white scg. I think it was an scg, at least. Maybe he will chime in with some tips.

Here is my Firebolt with CG suspension that I added a Ss swing arm on

oh9bolt, I love that look, I bought another swingarm because it had the belt guards and fender but now I guess my excess parts pile will grow a little bit higher. I'm losing all the belt guards and putting the short lightning rear fender on. Is that the original/short tensioner/idler, I don't think it will make that much difference either way. Thanks so much for the direction, Tom

Thanks I am a fan the Firebolt lighting tail look as well! Yeah I have never run belt guards and haven't had a problem, I cut the mounts off of this swingarm. That is the stock small frame tensioner, I didn't change it because I am using CG suspension and I felt there was less tension on the belt with it. You are welcome for the help and PM me if you have any other questions!

Jesse

Bolt your bike has the best of every thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The adapter wasnt available in 2012 when I did mine. I wound up taking the mount off and having it rewelded on. I measured the tail height with each swingarm. It didn't change.

10688_20120514151202_L.jpg 10688_20120514151306_L.jpg

I still run the bike this way today. But I think the adapter is a more viable solution. The swingarm doesn't change so you can sell it later if you need to.