Thread: Are these jackets legit?

Are these jackets legit?

Has anyone ordered any of these jackets or know if they are legit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HANDMAD....c100009.m1982

I'd really like to find a Buell riding jacket and I keep running across these on EBay.

First and foremost look at that sellers feedback....NOT GOOD!!! Second, it's probably made in the sweatshop leather district in India. Bunch of garbage, thin dried out leather, cheap and bad stitching. All that equates to a disaster if you have a get off. Buy gear only from reputable dealers if not the manufacturer themselves. Beware, India is knocking off every high end brand of leathers out there. Aplinetars, Dainese, RS taichi and the list goes on and on and on!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    First and foremost look at that sellers feedback....NOT GOOD!!! Second, it's probably made in the sweatshop leather district in India. Bunch of garbage, thin dried out leather, cheap and bad stitching. All that equates to a disaster if you have a get off. Buy gear only from reputable dealers if not the manufacturer themselves. Beware, India is knocking off every high end brand of leathers out there. Aplinetars, Dainese, RS taichi and the list goes on and on and on!
    Right thanks I wondered about that but I'm not sure there is any way to buy Buell riding gear any other way, except used, since they are out of business.

Do you know of reputable dealers selling Buell gear or is it best to stick with brands you mentioned?

I personally don't know who might sell legit Buell leather jackets, some of the other members here might though. If you can't find a REAL Buell jacket then cruise on over to cycle gear, they have a boatload of jackets to look through and try on in every price range, returns are super easy there as well. Revzilla is decent but a little on the high end price wise, Riders discount is a phenomenal place to shop online also, and free returns and exchanges within thirty days. Another killer place is Trackside parts club.....ask for Justin. He will go out of his way to give you a killer deal and beat almost anyone's prices

I'd get the nicest jacket you can afford, and have a leather seamstress sew on your favorite Buell patches

This ^^^^

What do you think the people who made that jacket did?

Cycle Gear always seems to have racks of closeout and returned jackets. No reason you can buy some Buell patches to put over the Sedeci/Bilt/S&S logos.

Buy a used Vanson and have Buell patches sewn on. Vanson jackets are super durable and you can find deals on the used market. The race grade leather is second to none. I just wish they offered tall sizes in the Sportsrider line without having to custom order it. At 6'3", the Vanson off the rack sportsrider line end at my belly button. I have to go with the street line (Corsair, etc.) to get the extra length in the body. The street line of jackets have the medium grade leather which while still as thick as a standard Alpinestars, Rev'it, etc. jacket, is noticeably thinner than the Vanson race grade leather.

You may also look into Fox Creek Leathers as well. I have heard great things about them as well. If you want synthetic riding gear, check out Motoport Kevlar stuff. It is as tough as anything and I love the amount of coverage the armor covers. It is one of the few that have chest armor as a standard feature.

There is a nice one on eBay right now as well