Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever use heated gear?

Anyone ever use heated gear?

2007 XB12Ss, 1 set of heated gear, anyone done this, was the electrical system sufficient?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarubrat View Post
    2007 XB12Ss, 1 set of heated gear, anyone done this, was the electrical system sufficient?
    heated grips....aerostitch vest....on at least 20 assorted XB's. healthy charging system/battery output MORE than sufficient....approx. 20 amps/360 watts to spare.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 03-16-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Banned
    I use Firstgear heated liners (pants, jacket, gloves and socks) with remote control dual channel heattroller (I can control liners separately) - works very well. Heated grips will not help you when it is cold, only heated gloves or liners.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 03-16-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Inactive
    . Heated grips will not help you when it is cold, only heated gloves or liners.

apparently you didn't notice TEABAG. he asked if an XB electrical system has sufficient amperage to power up heated gear such as grips and a vest and meet the rest of the bikes' electrical requirements.....which they of course do. thousands of motorcyclists and snow-mobilers including myself would strongly disagree with your heated grips assessment but then again you're the authority on everything so i bow to your infinite expertise.

Not exactly answering your question, but another option is to use a Mobile Warming heated equipment, vests, etc. . Doesn’t need to be plugged into the bike at all since it uses batteries plus you can wear it anywhere, not just on the bike.

I'm curious about that stuff. Any particular battery heated gear you like? Correct (PUN!!!!!!!!) battery tech is phenomenal, I wouldn't mind charging them as long as they last at least a long day.

I tried a lot of gear for winter riding (heated grips and all layers possible), it was okay until a certain point. Weirdly enough the best things I ever had to really make a difference were some random hot pads I once brought back from a trip to Japan.

https://matcha-jp.com/en/5325

I’d put these things on the top part of my gloves, in my shoes, my neck protection and other random places. Obliviously it’s not something you want to use for a daily commute - a bit expensive and not so practical - but for road trips in cold weather, it helps avoiding numb members and actually enjoy the ride.

I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather/winter riding. I should probably look into this kind of gear sometime. Spring weather is coming, so temps are getting back to what I like for riding. Looking forward to getting the bike out of winter storage.

Hey everybody, the daffodils are popping up here in the NW and you guys are talking about cold weather riding. Ha Ha Lunatic love your smash of Teapee--infinite wisdom. I never had heated grips til I got the Uly last year. It totally makes the difference for keeping warm. Sure the full Aerostitch suit helps but once your hands go numb it is game over.

Opto

Agree. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ !

I have heated grips on the Ully, an the triumph tiger. They are worlds apart, the Ully gets really warm in the high position, the Tiger does not get quite as warm. Once it gets around freezing, all bets are off. Now would be the time to buy heated gloves, as they will be on sale before the spring gets here.

Last edited by njloco; 03-18-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast