Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTOGP starts today!

It was a nail biter at the finish. Don’t want to spoil the results if you’ve got it recorded.

I was able to watch some of it on YouTube, thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by submax View Post

oh9bolt...that is awesome! I went to a MotoGP race at Laguna Seca back in 2013. It was Marquez's first year and he won that race with an exciting pass on the corkscrew. Enjoy!
    That's awesome! I wish I could have seen MotoGP at LS!! I rode to Laguna with a few members on here in 2015 to see WSBK and Motoamerica. It was def an amazing experience being at a track that I have raced on many times in video games lol! I got close to racing in person doing the parade lap while I was there but much slower than in the video game lol.

I've seen MotoGP at Indy which was an amazing experience, I even did the parade lap on the track there also. I have gone to the past 3 races at Cota which is also a great track and experience!! Nothing compares to seeing these guys in person!!
    Last edited by oh9bolt; 03-19-2018 at 04:59 PM.

oh9bolt, I was the at Laguna for those races too! I ride up with a bunch on buddies every year

I guess you weren't posting much during that time....

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...19th&styleid=1

We camped at the Buell headquarters at Rainey Curve!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    oh9bolt, I was the at Laguna for those races too! I ride up with a bunch on buddies every year
    I went to Laguna Seca too. Might have been the same year. Not sure what year it was. I splurged on paddock passes. I got to see Nicky Hayden when he raced for Ducati up close. What a nice guy he was. Catered to us fans. I also got to meet Erik Buell since he was racing his team in AMA at the time. What a fun weekend.

Rossi on the box!!!!! Hey, have any of you guys done track days at Laguna and run that corkscrew???? Looks brutal. NJMP's lightning has a vicious 3 story uphill right handed turn one full blast off the front straight then straight up into the horizon as you're heading and looking for the apex at around 92 mph. The whole time you're telling yourself there is asphalt on the other side of this thing, then straight off to the left side of the track and back on flat ground. I've come in waaaay to fast and had my rear tire in the dirt off the curbing. First time I pitted in and sat the next two sessions, second time I just prayed and shook my head at myself for the next nine turns. Tell me some story's about this corkscrew boys....I'm scared looking at it!

I regret not bringing my bike to Laguna during the races. For 80 bucks I could have ridden around the track. Not sure if they still do that for WSBK and Moto America.

They did in 2015 at the WSBK & Motoamerica race, I'm sure they still do.

Quote Originally Posted by oh9bolt View Post
    They did in 2015 at the WSBK & Motoamerica race, I'm sure they still do.

How fun. Looks like you handled the Corkscrew and the Andretti Hairpin turn quite easily!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast