Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On the hunt for an XB: discouraged thus far

It wasn't from a dear, it was a private sale that was listed on Cycle trader for weeks ! I have a good guy to ship bikes and he is pretty reasonable.

On a different day there was also an STT listed, it was from a dealer, also an 07, when it got here, I took it down the block and back just to see how she rode, it turned 800 miles at that time, it was for a good friend of mine. Admittedly, I was hoping he wouldn't want it, lol, but he took it home with him and is thrilled with it, it wasn't his first Buell.

I have seen some of the quick shipping quotes on cycle trader. There seems to be a fine line between gas money/time, and paying for someone else to do it. More than a few hundred seems prohibitive to me, but maybe those quick ship tools are a bit off.

The gap between the clean bikes and the ragged out junkyard dogs is getting wider every day.

Lunatics bikes may be priced a bit out of your budget and a little far to go, but John is a stand up guy and our resident Buell whisperer. He also kicks ass on a daily basis, and don’t both taking names anymore!

Seriously though, the additional time and money spent on his bikes will be money wisely spent. Just because the price is “high”, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth it.

Read some of the posts of “I just bought an XB and it has Xxxx problem”. Seriously, there’s a boatload of them.

And once you get tired of effing with it, and it leaving you stranded, and you wind up dumping it for a loss just so you can move on with your life, then you’ll really know the value of a lunaticfringe approved Buell. John may even throw in a set of action pants if you ask nicely (and keep your kids off his lawn)

Whatever route you choose, I wish you the best of luck!

Inactive
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    thanks much for the very kind words aaron and yes....if pressed on the issue i'll throw in a pair. LOL

10649923_10153842320675996_8082852137225210487_n.jpg

Yes, I also highly recommend buying from John, he definitely know 's his Buells !

John, do you ship? I'm not into an 18 hour round trip.

It was the action pants that sold you, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    It was the action pants that sold you, huh?
    fer fukin' sure!, got's to get me some!

lol @ the action pants. Not sure I could pull off that look anymore.

FWIW, i Bought my 2009 Firebolt off of ebay sight unseen for $4500. Add shipping and a bottle of seafoam and I was in to it for barely over $5k.

Just over 500 miles on it and I've been riding it everyday it's not wet out since. It came from the personal collection of a former HD dealer owner and was in pristine condition except for not being ridden enough and had a dirty injector.

Deals are out there, just be patient.

Is there a reason you want the long frame? My friend has an 06xb12ss and I have the 04xb12s. I'm 6 ft tall and I fit on my bike better than his. It seems like the spot in the frame that bulges out where the frame protectors go was moved back a little on the ss. I found myself hitting my knees on the ss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123