Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On my way Down Under

On my way Down Under

Hi all,

Haven't been on the forum much in the past few weeks since I've been swamped at work getting ready to take a trip to Australia. My wife, my 10 year old son, and I are flying out tomorrow for a 2 week trip! The trip is part work, part fun. The first week is just vacation. The second week I'll be working with a colleague in Adelaide, but should still have some time for more sightseeing. I've never been to there before, so I'm looking forward to the adventure. It's just heading into Fall there, but the weather is still supposed to be pretty good. I'll keep an eye out for Buell's while I'm there.

Talk to you when I get back!

James

James, I'm jealous. Have fun on your trip...

Thanks, Wally! I'm safely back in Oregon...but sure miss it Down Under. Got back a couple of weeks ago and have been swamped at work and fought off a cold since then. Starting to get unburied enough to start getting back to the forum again...and it's getting nice out here so looking forward to getting the Buell out soon.

Had an awesome trip. Flew into Melbourne and spent three days there. Amazing city...probably my favorite city so far. Talk about a great motorcycle city. I've never seen so many bikes on the streets. Never did see a Buell, though. Even more rare there, I assume since probably not many exported to Australia. Accidentally ended up in the Shrine of Remembrance one day...a war memorial primarily about WWI. One of the greatest such memorials I've seen. Very nice. Saw some incredible street art around AC/DC Lane (). Rented a car and spend several days driving around to Adelaide along the Great Ocean Road. Beautiful...and wonderful weather that time of year. Saw kangaroo, koala, emu, wallabies. Adelaide was also a very nice town. Stayed in a place just a few blocks from the beach. My 10 year old son (and me and my wife) got to hand feed some kangaroos and other animals and a wildlife preserve in Adelaide. Everywhere we went the people were so friendly (and commenting about our American accents, which was fun ). I highly recommend it if you ever have a chance to go. I'd love to get back there again someday...next time maybe tour around by motorcycle.

Ha, great feedback! I went to Melbourne last year and I felt pretty much the same as you. It’s such a great city, but still they all are pretty chill - and the cultural diversity is also really cool.

The huge countryside probably has a lot of nice twisty roads, but indeed I have no idea if Buell was ever imported there! Maybe someone around the forum knows?

Thanks for sharing sounds cool

On my bucket list for sure! Thanks for the report

We should all go down there, it would be a great place to have a meet-up !

I'd be down with that, Kenny! I'm sure there are some folks on buellersdownunder who could tell us where to get some bikes and a good riding route.

I'm probably retiring soon, if so I'm up for it.

http://www.buellersdownunder.com/forum/activity.php?

Buells are everywhere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast