Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Turbo XB V5.0

Thanks TPEHAK. I will be sure to address any issue with my KTM like I do with any other mechanical/electrical thing. Of course it will break, but I'm not the least worried about it. I do appreciate your concern.

For me, the KTM sounded like the perfect combo of performance, features, and ergonomics. I have a little over 1100 miles on it already, and it is truly a dream machine for me. It does everything I want out of a two wheeled toy.

I have read a lot about the 1290 since they came out in 2014, followed them on KTM forums and now am active in a KTM online group. It's a refreshing experience as everyone (so far) has been nothing but supportive and informative. I've even managed to contribute to other's enjoyment already.

I'll still pop in from time to time. Thanks to most everyone for the kind words!!

Wow Eric, I'm sad not to see the finished project but believe me, I understand totally. Thats quite an ambitious project!

You did one HELL of a job on the last one and were a HUGE help to me and friends of mine on this forum (and FB). Thank you for that, I really hope you do drop in with whatever project you do. Still want to see the Audi. I'm sure it will be amazing

That 1290 is one of a VERY short list of bikes I need to own. Got a couple in the group I ride with, had a chance to saddle up a few times and they are stupid fast and fun The only thing I've ridden that compares to the SX!

Curious to why you didn't get an 1190? Don't worry, any negative opinion will be taken honestly from the source (wink, wink)

Thanks a lot, Cooter!

I wasn't interested in an 1190 because, much like Buells, there is no dealer support. I was only interested in buying something brand new with confidence in good long term dealer support. Plus, I much prefer the looks and options on the SDR over the SX.

How DARE you sir!

Thats one sexy b!tch...

I get the dealer thing, even though you can work your bike, it's different when you have to work on you bike. FYI, dealer choice with KTM is über-important as the KTM factory warranty only covers the frame, swingarm, and engine. Period. Not electronics, suspension, wheels, driveline, dash, ECM, sensors, nothing else Get a good aftermarket warranty and start sending beers to the service manager

Say it ain't so..................blasphemy!!!

Yo all! Just as an FYI, I'm documenting my Audi build here: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...4-build-thread

Guess we are going to blow the Audi up next? lol!!
    Last edited by rchuff; 05-15-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Farfignugin das auto. Foriegn junk.

at least it's not a typical VW slam it to the floor build.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

^^true

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast