Thread: Primary adjuster bolt stripped

Primary adjuster bolt stripped

It's raining, so I haven't been able to really look at it. It's good that it rained though, because I was putting the cover on and noticed a large oil spot. Otherwise, I would've hopped on and went for a ride. So the bolt doesn't screw back in and I can wiggle it a bit. If you look at the picture it looks like the upper threads are filled with something. Maybe the previous owner used a Helicoil? If it was previously fixed, would I be able to have someone re-thread it or is it time for a new cover?primary.jpg

Inactive
    your pic shows threaded shaft portion of a primary chain tensioner assembly. here's your choices:
    1-remove primary cover and repair tensioner threaded shaft hole with helicoil.
    2-"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""" time-sert kit.
    3-remove primary cover....have competent welder TIG hole, retap and re-use primary cover.
    4-replace primary cover with new or used assembly.
    NOTE: ham-fisted alleged mechanics strip out these tensioner shaft threads in primary covers at an alarming rate. have repaired many thru the years with simple heli-coil fix. can loan you my kit to repair yours for small deposit if you choose that method of repair. lastly....replace the tensioner assembly. infinite amount still available in parts system. part # is 40039-02C. money well spent!