Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Misaligned drive belt

I've tried this and that as suggested, and it still rides a bit off. Even got a new swing arm brace. It rides ok, so maybe I'll just leave it that way. If I could shim the axle on the left side a bit, that might line it up correctly, but then something else would still be that much wrong.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by SVUly View Post
    I've tried this and that as suggested, and it still rides a bit off. Even got a new swing arm brace. It rides ok, so maybe I'll just leave it that way. If I could shim the axle on the left side a bit, that might line it up correctly, but then something else would still be that much wrong.
    the rear axle is THE critical component in lining things up correctly along with pre-loading the bearing inner races to the hub spacer. i know of no way to "shim" it. according to your 1st post we're talking 1/32nd of an inch here or 0.8millimeters. that will be difficult to track down but as a final suggestion have a look at all your engine mounts and supports and check for tightness and serviceable front mount bushing. slightly "cocked" lump could give you the 1/32nd differential you're chasing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12