Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxima V-Twin oil

Maxima V-Twin oil

Anyone use this stuff? I found a great deal on a bunch of synthetic V-twin 20W50 and am considering switching from Redline due to price. http://www.maximausa.com/product/v-twin-full-synthetic/

I've been able to find very little on various forums about others using Maxima in their Buell or HD Sportster engines, but I have read a few posts and they seem positive.

Inactive
    yep. great stuff. been around forever. a cycle industry leader in lubricant products. plus it's JASO rated which makes it primary/trans/wet clutch compatible.
    by God could this be the start of an endless oil thread? we haven't had one on here in ages.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 04-12-2018 at 02:04 AM.

Never heard of it, but here is the main oil thread for our forum:

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...49617-Oil-Poll

Amsoil is king according to our forum members.

I'm a Redline man myself, but it's become very expensive. I was looking at the Bel Ray and Maxima stuff because I have the Bel Ray Sport Trans fluid in my primary and the bike hasn't run or shifted better, ever. It's not even synthetic fluid, but it is excellent, whatever's in it.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    yep! here we go.........................

hehe, well the question was specifically about Maxima oil - hopefully it remains focused.

I was done with all this oil hype and decided to be different, just filled my bike up with 50wt cooking oil. It is smoking fast now!!!!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    I was done with all this oil hype and decided to be different, just filled my bike up with 50wt cooking oil. It is smoking fast now!!!!!lol
    Funny you should say that many moons ago I had a mini bike with 2 hp Briggs, and it was out of oil, Not knowing any better at the time I thought oil was oil I used my moms Wesson cooking oil and it kinda smelled like my moms fried chicken coming out the exhaust. But it ran up and down the block it worked. Now I like to think I know better should have used the extra virgin olive oil.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 03-28-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    yep. great stuff. been around forever. a cycle industry leader in lubricant products. plus it's JASO rated which makes it primary/trans/wet clutch compatible.
    by God could this be the start of an endless oil thread? we haven't had on on here in ages.
    Let me add to the fun....

I like using Maxima 2 stroke oil in my gas as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast