Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions needed: Keda vs Drummer SS exhaust?

Opinions needed: Keda vs Drummer SS exhaust?

Guys, I will be purchasing an exhaust in the next week or 2. I had an original Drummer on a 2006 Uly with a Buell racing chip which I thought worked out great. This time I want to upgrade to either SS Drummer or SS Keda with programmed chips for either. I know the $$ difference favors Keda but what I'm asking is sound, power, torque and where the additional power is in the band. I'm not as concerned with max HP as much as usable torque and the sound is very important. Don't really care for raspy, would rather have deeper thump, not obnoxious but a great Harley sound - deep rumble. Opinions on looks would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance for any input!

Oh, if anybody wants to chip in with comments about other pipes, I would appreciate that too. I have seen some info on "TorqueHammer" exhaust but don't know how much issue it would be or time it would take to actually get one, but they look pretty cool too.

I have the Drummer SS on my XB12 and I like it. It's definitely deep thump and sounds fantastic. That being said, the Keda is pretty good too. The Drummer SS is heavier duty, however. I just had mine upgraded with the improved packing material and very happy with it.

I do like me a good APH Engineering exhaust too. Got one on my 1125 and I'd jump on one for the XB if I needed one.

This is the main exhaust thread for the forum. Don't forget to vote.
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ust-on-your-12

Thanks GregoXB. Have to say I'm leaning towards the Drummer SS. I like the linear torque curve but I have not seen any Keda dyno charts to compare. Looks-wise, the Keda is my favorite (like to dual cans and outlets), but sound and overall performance trumps that and these are traits I know Kevin's exhaust deliver in bunches.

Dont over look these awesome Works of art , Done by Alan Hawks. not to be confused with Randy Hawk.
    http://www.aph-performance-engineeri...line_shop.html

I've had the Jardine RT1, Drummer SS, and Dean Adams RT-XB1 (Keda). Here is a comparison video I did for them:

Here is another thing you can consider... Drummer SS has a dB killer option while the Dean Adams does not have an off the shelf option (I will be making a video shortly of a dB killer I've made for my Dean Adams RT-XB1).

Also, Buelltooth has two exhaust options as well:

Jardine GP1 I just got on my XB9R
    https://youtu.be/G-tPlG9GERE

Thanks for the videos guys. ocgreenmachine, that was near professional quality and really helpfull. Love the sound of both pipes, maybe the idle of the Keda a little more but both sounded great all the way through the ride sequence too. Do you feel either pipe was stronger through the midrange and which one do you favor? The BuellTooth pipes sound good too but not as appealing as the Keda or Drummer looks-wise IMHO. One other thing, I assume the Drummer did not have the db killer installed, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ZDude View Post
    Thanks for the videos guys. ocgreenmachine, that was near professional quality and really helpfull. Love the sound of both pipes, maybe the idle of the Keda a little more but both sounded great all the way through the ride sequence too. Do you feel either pipe was stronger through the midrange and which one do you favor? The BuellTooth pipes sound good too but not as appealing as the Keda or Drummer looks-wise IMHO. One other thing, I assume the Drummer did not have the db killer installed, correct?
    The Drummer SS did not have the dB killer installed. The Drummer and Keda are about the same volume at idle (around 100dB) but the Keda has an angrier growl when you go WOT. The Drummer SS has published dyno results you can look at online. The Keda does not, although both pipes pulled pretty similarly to me. I have just installed a custom dB killer on my Keda to lower the volume a bit since I have moved and I don't want to bother my neighbors as much when I leave in the morning (5am). I am filming the dB readings for the Keda without and with the dB killer and will publish it when I finish it. I will also be evaluating the effect of the dB killer on the performance on the Keda and a tutorial on how to make your own dB killer as well when I am finished.

You can view more videos of my bike on my channel with both the Drummer, Keda, and Jardine for reference.

Last edited by ocgreenmachine; 03-29-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast