Thread: 08 xb12scg check engine light

08 xb12scg check engine light

Hey guys, I bought an 08 scg last year ,the check engine light was on but the bike ran fine.The guy I bought it from said it was because he had changed the exhaust to spec ops.Havent had much time to ride but wanted to go ahead and change the ecm for the exhaust with the buelltooth and ecmdroid. Went to check for codes and the code was auxilary power relay failure.Done a search on here but have'nt found anything.Not sure what it is and how to fix it.would it hurt to go ahead and load the tune for the exhaust or wait till that issue is resolved?Also the fan comes on every time I let it run a little when I cut it off.Turn the key off then back to on for it to stop.(I am not as tech savvy as I'm sure most of you are,just read directions over and over till I get it) Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Inactive
    Went to check for codes and the code was auxilary power relay failure.

there is NO such thing. see list of 2008-10 XB fault codes below.
    this is either another April fools thread..........or the obvious handiwork of our beloved CHICAGO!

Code No. Fault Condition
    11 Throttle position sensor
    13 Oxygen sensor
    14 Engine temperature sensor
    15 Intake air temperature sensor
    16 Battery voltage
    21 inter active muffler control
    23 Front fuel injector
    24 Front ignition coil
    25 Rear ignition coil
    26,27 clutch and neutral switch
    32 Rear fuel injector
    33 Fuel pump
    34 iac
    35 Tachometer
    36 fan voltage
    37,43 speed sensor
    44 Bank angle sensor
    45 side stand sensor
    46 start relay
    47 aux power outlets
    52, 53, 54, 55 ECM failure
    56 Cam sync failure

It is right next to the auxiliary shift belt and to the right of the dampering push rods. Hope that helps!

That is what it said 47 aux power relay failure.this is not a joke

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgester View Post
    That is what it said 47 aux power relay failure.this is not a joke
    your bike according to your post is a 1203 model. it has IEV style exhaust which means there's a large control box mounted atop the air box inner lid. when an aftermarket exhaust is mounted to a 1203 traditionally it inevitably triggers the ecm to eventually store a fault code and activate the CEL(check engine light). why? control box unplugged.....IEV control cable zip tied to a stationary bracket or object and now cannot move....control box gears stripped out. guessing this is what continues to activate your CEL. depending on temps the cooling fan will in fact turn on and cycle thru upon shut-down even after a fairly short ride. let it do its job and automatically turn off instead of dicking with the key to accomplish same.
    again.....there is NO auxiliary power relay fault code that i know or have ever heard of. did you even gaze upon the 08 and up fault code list i posted for you?