Thread: blowing fues

blowing fues

I just got my 05 xb12 running and I took it to the gas station to air up the tires and I noticed my instrument cluster stopped working, it was working on my way to the station and went dark on my way back. I checked the fuse and it was blown so I inserted my spare and it immediately blew. I obviously have a short but where should i start looking?

Blowing fues...... better than dudes.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkelsey View Post
    I just got my 05 xb12 running and I took it to the gas station to air up the tires and I noticed my instrument cluster stopped working, it was working on my way to the station and went dark on my way back. I checked the fuse and it was blown so I inserted my spare and it immediately blew. I obviously have a short but where should i start looking?
    all XB instrument clusters constantly powered up whether key switch is on or not. inside the main front wiring harness is a red wire that provides this current flow. it also is part of the key switch fused circuit. your failure to provide more pertinent and critical info precludes any accurate assessment or keyboard trouble-shooting.....and i'm assuming "blown fuse" is your key switch fuse???? clearly you have a dead short from a positive wire to a ground source. headlight bucket area and main harness at the steering neck is where i'd begin to search for it.

headlight-wiring-harness-of-buell-firebolt-wiring-diagram.jpg

Last edited by user_deleted; 04-06-2018 at 12:04 PM.