Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drummer SS and BlueThooth delivering Monday - questions

Thats all true ZDude. You're in good shape We're all pretty nice and helpful here and like it that way. Sorry again if I seemed abrasive.

Since you said you are already testing for "perfect fuel/air ratios across the board" you should already have the equipment for a custom tune, and I would highly recommend that. WB datalogging then using Tunerpro with Mega Log Viewer is easy and will net you the best tune you can get. I would just do that for the best result.

But if you just want to put in an existing map, I'm confused
    You said "before i ever started this thread I had already went onto Buelltooth and read their tutorials".
    https://www.buelltooth.com/how-to.html
    Then I guess I don't know what question you have?? I'll help you the best I can.

Buelltooth also has the map you are looking for (BUE2D) on their site as well. Heres one for the Drummer SS:
    https://www.buelltooth.com/maps.html

Not sure why you'd look at Buellmods.com for it when it's already on the Buelltooth site?

Your bike being a '09 the firmware is most likely BUE2D so you could take the generous offer from neilrl79 as well.

The Uly and Ss seat rails are interchangeable except for the 2 bolt holes (pannier mounts) in the rear. You could just drill the Ss rails. The battery trays are interchangeable also. Be careful if you are using a low seat and make sure the seat bottom doesn't contact the ECM plugs. It's been known to crack the ECM and thats never good.
    Heres a good resource for OEM parts diagrams. You can look up both pieces and compare the part numbers. https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/webshop/searchparts.asp

SPHDonline.com is a great place for OEM parts in the states. Lance really cares

Searching BuellXB can be 'fun'. Either search Buellxb.com/Drummer SS map through Google, or use the "advanced search" option just below the search box. I find that works well the more specific you are.

A few hints:
    You haven't mentioned it so I'll assume you will be using ECMDroid for the map install. Be aware that type of file includes the ECM parameters of the bike it came from along with the fuel map.

So, once you install the new map, go through the ECM parameters and make sure the fan settings, etc are how you like them. Copy from your old settings (that you saved of course!) or you can mess with them. Not too much harm can be done there
    https://www.buelltooth.com/fan-settings.html

Set the AFV to 100. I also set the AFV limits to 90-110 (as a personal preference) to limit the amount of global change the ECM can make.
    https://www.buelltooth.com/afv.html

and do a TPS re-set. Super easy on the DDFI-3.
    https://www.buelltooth.com/perform-tps-reset.html

Now that is what I'm talking about ! Thanks Cooter, very much info to digest and the answer on the SS to Uly tail undertray is really appreciated. I know these boards are treasure troves of knowledge and no matter how long you fool with these bikes, there is always somebody who can enlighten you to a higher level. I do appreciate the added comments greatly sir, thank you!!!!

No worries, dude Happy to help. It's an easy process once you know it, and you seem to have a decent head on your shoulders. You'll be fine.

You'll find bunch of opinionated weirdos on here with excellent taste in oddball motorcycles. My kinda place!

Hey Zdude, have the guy you are buying the Buelltooth off of make the request for the map you need and then he can just forward it to you.

Great idea!

Good news, package I'm tracking is loaded on the delivery truck, arriving today! Bad news is I have to go to the evil dentist this morning, probably have a Novacaine numb mouth that keeps me from smiling when it arrives! AARRRRGH, this is how things work in my world :-(

Just PM me your email address and I'll share my tune with you. I have a 2008 XB12Ss with a Drummer SS (with the new high-temp packing material) and K&N filter. I'm running a 2010 header with dual O2 sensors, but I can turn that off for you. I've tuned my fuel maps using a wideband as well.

Jacob Stark may still have my old map for my 2009 xb12 with drummer SS and open air box in his computer. I may even have a copy of it somewhere. I will look when I get home. Buelltooth.com may also have a copy of that map on their website. I sent him my map a long time ago.

There is a map for a Drummer SS on the Buelltooth.com site. Maybe it's yours?

I gave him a link

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast