Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VERY RARE - Brand new Traction hand grips for sale, in original box, never installed

Since they only made "X" number of them too - I do not assume to give you a lesson in economics, but what controls price is what the market will bear for something that is seen as desirable and is nearly impossible to find - if it (like the Traction hand grips) also is brand new, in the crate, never ridden ... top dollar will be yours of course. Aside from that, my advice to you is, hold on to it, you will get that for it someday. As for me, my XB is a lifetime keeper - not ever selling it.

I guess I had it wrong, you were really trying to "help your brothers" by selling old rubber grips for a massive profit. Thank you for the offer, I appreciate your helpfulness, but I will graciously decline.

I thought you might put them on eBay so I set my search for them yesterday. Never got a notice there was an ad for yours? Just some nice used ones for $19. Guess my eBay search engine didn't work either. I should have it checked so I don't miss out on such a great deal from my 'brother' ever again.

wait are the grips sold?!?!?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by vtech007 View Post
    I put the grips as available on here first sincerely thinking I would give one of my brothers (maybe even the guy who sold them to me) a shot before I offered them to the rest of the open public, honestly in the spirit of being a help and keeping it in the family. What is the thanks you guys give me - a load of flak. So I went ahead and listed them on eBay. In less than an hour they sold for a significant amount above what I paid for them, the buyer paid for them, and I shipped them out Priority Mail. Thanks anyway. Considering further diversification of my portfolio as I get the last laugh.
    Ah dang, I missed my chance? Literally just sold my bike so I could buy these off you...

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I guess I had it wrong, you were really trying to "help your brothers" by selling old rubber grips for a massive profit. Thank you for the offer, I appreciate your helpfulness, but I will graciously decline.

I thought you might put them on eBay so I set my search for them yesterday. Never got a notice there was an ad for yours? Just some nice used ones for $19. Guess my eBay search engine didn't work either. I should have it checked so I don't miss out on such a great deal from my 'brother' ever again.

Vtech007,

" Maybe I'm just repeating what I have been told (and believed) and am trying to get back out of them what I have in them. I see we have a little misunderstanding here but man, you guys are a little rough. I am now reminded just why I stopped visiting this site years ago. Later."

So for years you haven't been on this site because you couldn't take the ribbing, TBAG, you need to take this guy under your wing and school him in the art of, being able to take it. My hat's off to the Tbag because at least he can take it !

Vtech, you have over one thousand posts here, and then you leave for "years" but now this deal is so good and rare that you want to make sure we get a shot at them before you post them up on eBay. Whether you know it or not, the forum has been moving along without you for "years" and apparently you over paid for the grips and your not going to get it here, so go back to wherever you've been for " years" and sell them there..

Hey, he found someone dumb enough to pay $200 to buy a set of old grips.

Somewhere, someone is trying to explain to his SO why these grips were worth $200

https://youtu.be/cJe6-afGz0Q

He did find someone to buy them. It wasn't me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UBER-RARE-B...p2047675.l2557

Untitled.jpg

I'm betting he bought them himself just to save face !
    No body could be that stupid but then again most of know, WC. Fields was correct.

They went for Best offer ! Not $200.

Best offer accepted Could have been $40. who knows.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast