Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber Quality?

Carbon Fiber Quality?

Hi Buell brothers, been looking into some Carbon Fiber bits & pieces for the XB12SS but with all the choice out there not sure on who to go with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Honestly, I've bought lots of different pieces from lots of different sources. Sounds obvious, but the expensive stuff is nice the cheap stuff is not.

Thanks again Cooter, could you advise a manufacturer that you have been most impressed by?

I'm happy with the Speed-of-Color.de frame covers I have - they seem to be handling the southern Arizona heat very well. I also have their flyscreen and oil cooler ducting, very good quality.

Thanks Mesozoic I'll check em out.

It's hard to remember exactly? Speed-of-color is nice, MDI was ok too. The cheap e-bay stuff was bad, my BIL made some for me when he worked at Space X that were super nice

Yes i have been looking at both their web sites. Looks like good stuff. Thanks

I recently converted my '05 XB12Scg to all CF ($905). Utilized Z4 Motorsports that I found on eBay. Extremely impressed with the quality and fit (I did have to re-drill two holes but no other issues). Received one piece that was damaged in shipping and they replaced it immediately. Tip: contact the seller and make sure all the pieces are the same weave, clear coat, etc.

Anyone have any experience with Tekarbon? Just stumbled across their site while researching XB parts

MDI is very goog quality. They are a bit slow to deliver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast