Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine Temp Guard.

Thats why i get on here! You learn so bloody much! Lunatic what do you recommend for the primary? I run Motul vtwin 20/50 full syn in both holes at the moment. Thanks for your knowledge & time.

Yes you are right Mesozoic, its just my pride & joy & i am a little OCD about my bike.

With ambient temps above 60*F (16C), the factory recommended oil is straight 50w.
    Ambient temp above 80*F (27C) should be straight 60 weight.

'09 Buell XB manual page 1-7.

Always use a V-twin specific oil, Delo (for diesels) is formulated similarly if you can't find it.

Lots and lots of people are afraid of doing the factory recommended weight oil, I don't know why. From my experience living in AZ and FL, both my CR and XB really loved that weight oil. Much less valve noise too! Too thin an oil can be catastrophic. Drain 20w-50 when its really hot and its like water! Not good for a heavy V-twin.

Great Advice thanks!

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by XB Mick View Post
    Thats why i get on here! You learn so bloody much! Lunatic what do you recommend for the primary? I run Motul vtwin 20/50 full syn in both holes at the moment. Thanks for your knowledge & time.
    my pleasure Mick. Motul petroleum products not that terribly popular here in America mostly due to pricing but their products are outstanding. I've used Motul 7100 in the past in the primary only and it shifted and clutched nicely. my personal preference in the primary remains Amsoil 20wt-50 based on pricing, performance and availability..... nothing else. whatever you choose for the primary just be damn sure it's JASO rated MA1 or higher indicating it's "wet clutch" compatible. also Mick as mentioned if you're bike not now sporting an RSS set-up strongly consider it. best $ you'll ever spend. here's the look from a few of my buells......and here's the part numbers you'll need.

M0851.7AA quantity 1
    M0852.7AA quantity 1
    AN1005.3FSS quantity 3

cherry2.jpghero4.jpg
    Last edited by user_deleted; 04-11-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Hey John, you really need to chop the tails on those bikes, they look beautiful but a tail chop would just finish them off so nicely and most importantly, I'll have one of the only totally stock bikes around !

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Hey John, you really need to chop the tails on those bikes, they look beautiful but a tail chop would just finish them off so nicely and most importantly, I'll have one of the only totally stock bikes around !
    took your advice kenny and just removed the entire tail section on my beloved cherry bomb cityX. nice thing was that i didn't even need any tools.

I truly hope your kidding ? That's not you right ?

Those bikes are a credit to you & the video a ripper!

Hi Lunatic those part numbers which i really appreciate by the way, they will fit my 2006 xb12ss? I have got Micron Headers so assuming i may have to modify to fit slightly? Thanks again.
    Mick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast