Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Got another Buell...

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I think the rider of Silver knows the pins to apply power to, to energize the cluster.
    You are correct !! Very easy 12Vdc left pin top & bottom

FB3.jpg speedo9.jpg speedo12.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 04-11-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Sorry for ignorance what part of the harness are these pins located? The main ecm ports? Or diagnosis port? Or right on the back of the cluster? Looks like on the back of the cluster judging by your pictures

Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    Sorry for ignorance what part of the harness are these pins located? The main ecm ports? Or diagnosis port? Or right on the back of the cluster? Looks like on the back of the cluster judging by your pictures
    Yes ,the pins are on the back side of the speedo. speedo12 (2).jpg

MUCHO thanks.

In my head the scene of “ what are we gonna to tonight? The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try and FIX the Buell!!”

Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    MUCHO thanks.

In my head the scene of “ what are we gonna to tonight? The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try and FIX the Buell!!”
    and the Brain, !!!

Yeahhhh with the help of the masses we routed POWER to the cluster!!!!!! 87BDAE9B-B8EF-410C-8CF1-11775029F36D.jpg

I have bad relays 2 of them

8200 miles , Barely broke in !!! Lots of life left for you .

Yeah that’s what I was thinking silver.. I smiled big when I seen that number.

And now I am burning acc fuses. I will guess again and be corrected probably again, I think maybe the blinkers or tail light. Now I have checked every wire for the blinker and tail and no sight of issues.... might be in the stalks or housing of the bulb. ????
    I haven’t primed the pump yet. I am thinking he was gonna pull the fuel pump out?? The rear sets are off and one fuel pump Allen head is stripped out. More fun to come stay tuned.

FBD8E15F-CC53-4770-98AB-60AA59FA777B.jpg

Hey lunatic add this to your relay numbers.. 17 bucks I couldn’t find any others near by

Inactive
    And now I am burning acc fuses. I will guess again and be corrected probably again, I think maybe the blinkers or tail light. Now I have checked every wire for the blinker and tail and no sight of issues.... might be in the stalks or housing of the bulb. ????

that's due to a dead short either in your OEM dash mounted 12volt accessory plug.....a faulty turn signal flasher....or a faulty turn signal assembly shorting to ground. those are the 3 usual culprits for that fuse popping.
    solution: unplug dash mounted accessory power plug and the turn signal flasher. replace fuse. ignition key to off...red run switch to off. now turn on ignition key and replace each component positive power lead one by one till fuse pops and you've found the culprit.
    the flasher is located under the front fairing on R models and behind the windscreen/flyscreen on all X and S models. small little black gizmo that looks similar to the fusebox relays in size and shape. stockers look exactly like this............

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by user_deleted; 04-12-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast