Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Got another Buell...

On it!

Awesome score

Thanks rebel...

So I got good fuel in it good oil and filter power to everything... now for the fun, I click the starter and it sounds like it is bumping off the idle gear or starter gear. No engagement...Clack clack clack... and my fuel pump is not priming. The pump I am gonna look up some wire diagrams and just apply 12v and see if it works. That starter might just be done. I will just keep chipping away at it day by day..

Time for food though....

And recheck all the grounds

Hello and happy Friday to all lmao....

I messed with the grounds and got the starter going!!!! So the starter is good the motor isn’t seized now just the fuel pump... I haven’t had time to get on the wire diagram searching. I will get into that later and see if I have other issues with wiring and the pump may be good. Or need new pump time. Haven’t done a pump in a xb yet but looks mucho easy. Maybe some o rings and I think I seen years ago about a mustang pump that fits in the housing.. more research is needed..

Oh yeah if anyone gets a starter clack clack clack... this is a grounding issue. At least with this bike it was

And if anyone has any insight on if the side stand switch. Could this switch totally stop my fuel pump from priming.? My other xb has to have the side stand up to turn the pump on. I know it is faulty. This one on the uly won’t prime in any location of the side stand.

Banned
    Such starter behavior also might be because of bad connection or big resistance between sit rails and frame.

Inactive
    side stand switch. Could this switch totally stop my fuel pump from priming.?
    no

if the sidestand safety interlock switch was tied into the fuel pump circuitry on an XB the bike would never even idle in neutral sitting with sidestand down. and regarding your other XB and your description.....you have either a faulty clutch safety switch and/or neutral indicator switch.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 04-13-2018 at 11:23 PM.

I hooked up my BUELL tooth from my other bike and checked the stored codes. One of the codes was fuel pump ground.. I looked at the wire diagram and it looks like the ground is to the black plug ecm pin. Or could that code be a ground issue on the pump itself?

If I go over to the active test area and prime pump it will start gurgling like it wants to wind up but there is a ground issue. Low voltage.. or something in that nature. Could just be shot. I checked the connector right before the pump and I am getting 12v to the pump.

And the other code was a low voltage code.

Those were stored codes there is nothing on my CEL right now..

It could be why he parked to begin with ????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buell-EFI-F...!US!-1&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Silverrider; 04-14-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast