Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Got another Buell...

That’s what I will do. Soak them for a night, then tap tap tapparoo on the 9v battery. I was looking down by where the rail goes onto the injectors. Is the mounting hold down bolt right between them? I didn’t get into it yet had to get food. Can’t work on a empty stomach that’s how you **** things up. Back to the bolt I think it’s right there and won’t be to bad. I will get into this weekend if I get some time..

Oh and on these bikes you can keep the wheel on the bikeand just drop it down to the muffler.. more than enough room to remove and install a pump.

Well I soaked them and clicked them a couple times, popped them in and she is working.. and working not bad hahhaa. There are a couple things I need to button up then I will post some finished product pictures. Thanks for the help everyone. All the things were very straightforward when looking in the right spot.

That's a great milestone for a project. Congrats!

[IMG]Buell collection by D, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by MakingPAIN; 06-03-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Road the bike around the block and it pulls like a freight train.. lightened the front up real easy in first. I now will just go through it and update worn parts and see if I could ride a touring style bike with my old ladie.. ??? She would laugh and grab her bike now that I am thinking of it.. so maybe something like cooters off road style. Throw a lightning tail on it and some straight “CR” bend bars on it and off to the desert.

And the guy said he might find the title so that is even better

Looking Good !!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Buell XB12X by D, on Flickr
    Last edited by MakingPAIN; 06-03-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Inactive
    hell of a nice line-up of buells and that ulysses looks absolutely amazing given the atrocious state it was in when you commenced this thread. well done son! nothing more rewarding than to resurrect a turd and really make something valuable and nice out of it. ulys to this day remain one of my fav bikes of all time. they do everything well with surprising ease.

Thanks John you made life easy in the beginning of this endeavor.. and your right I had a big grin of accomplishment when I took it around the block.. nothing better than bringing something back from the dead like that..

Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    Road the bike around the block and it pulls like a freight train.. lightened the front up real easy in first. I now will just go through it and update worn parts and see if I could ride a touring style bike with my old ladie.. ??? She would laugh and grab her bike now that I am thinking of it.. so maybe something like cooters off road style. Throw a lightning tail on it and some straight “CR” bend bars on it and off to the desert.

And the guy said he might find the title so that is even better

It may be easier to get a duplicate title and make it happen. Where are you in Phx?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast