Thread: Pro Taper EVO bars installed...

Pro Taper EVO bars installed...

So I installed a set of Pro Taper EVO bars with the CR high bend and Deisel Moto risers. The install was pretty straigh forward, all the cable reached with little effort. I sniped a few zip ties off behind the fly screen to let the wirers move. I slid the clutch cable up slighly and the trottle cables had plenty of slack.

I am not overly impressed with the DM clamp, for $149.00 I was expecting a sleek machined part. It looks cast to me and the finish looks like cheap parkerising, however, it is solid and I am happy with the results.

My ride to and from work was far more comfortable for me. I am 6’3” and have long arms and this was a welcomed change.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Where did you buy the carbon fiber airbox cover? How does it fit?

I got one just like it off e-bay. The finish is good, fits ok (didn't need any trimming) but its thin and you can hear a lot more intake noise with it.

All of the carbon fiber on my bike is from Bestem. It is pretty decent and the fit was perfect.

I installed the same bars and riser last summer and at 6'1", they improved the comfort a bunch. Agreed on the cost of the riser, high for the product but solid and very functional. Like you I didn't replace any lines, just re-arranged and asdjusted.