Thread: Buell XB9SL (Lighting Low) | Seat Height Question

Buell XB9SL (Lighting Low) | Seat Height Question

Hello everyone, new guy Tim here. I am looking to buy my first buell and I found one just one state away that is a 2003 XB9S but the low version. I have researched and found different data for the seat height. I am seeing that the seat height is 29 inches. If this is correct, do you think I would be too cramped being 6ft tall with 34 inch inseam? The bike is located a few hours away so I wanted some clarity before making the trip. The plan for the bike is to commute to work occasionally and maybe an hour or two ride on Sundays. Thanks in advance

It's the lowest bike Buell makes. I'm 6'2" (or 6'3" if I'm drinking) and it's only an Ss, or Stt for me. I also ride a XB9SX (regular height seat, shorter frame than the Ss) and it's not uncomfortable for 150 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    It's the lowest bike Buell makes. I'm 6'2" (or 6'3" if I'm drinking) and it's only an Ss, or Stt for me. I also ride a XB9SX (regular height seat, shorter frame than the Ss) and it's not uncomfortable for 150 miles.
    lol @ the Drinking comment

I read last night that I can change the seat out to an XB9Sx. Maybe I will do that since you stated that you fit fine and you have a few inches of height on me.

Here she is

xb9.jpg