Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is an 1190 SX upgrade from 2008 XB9SX a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by CRSole View Post
    Is that yours? Not into baggers at all man but that is a cool looking bike, ya know maybe if I was. Kinda looks like one of those big wheel trikes I rode when I was 5 haha. To each his/her own.

I think maybe I don't really fit into any motorcycle "style"? I am a barefoot waterskier who had to find other adrenaline-filled activities due to injuries. I started with an HD because I've always wanted one (ever since seeing Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man), but I quickly found I wanted something faster that could lean more than an Iron and I was fascinated with Eric Buell's story.
    If you arent getting a EBR , I am kinda leaning in this direction with the ape bar traction grips .LOL
    3_chairski.jpg

Cooter- That’s true. Most engineers live on planet aspergers, but some don’t FWIW, I wouldn’t have guessed you were an engineer, not that it matters

haha i didnt strike you as a engineer?, bummer. cover blown..

M.ENG.SilverRider....

you are now a engineer.. congrats
    Last edited by MakingPAIN; 04-20-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    Stoich water-column measurements to decipher injector nozzle PSI serves purpose providing useful knowledge unlike your
    rambling incoherent threads which teenage girls love mimicking when they frolic in the crisp fresh autumn leaves of October.
    regards,
    ich
    Vienna, Austria

Says one of the ones adding to the teenage girl banter posts providing no useful information. regards? haha ok bud.

More useless information on the EBR with the odometer issue for anyone interested in the one at Bennett Powersports in Michigan (quotes from the emails I received):

"This bike was taken to SEMA shows by EBR. I purchased this bike from the company who took over EBR and it was bought with a no start issue and an odo disclosure with 854 actual miles. My service department determined the ECM to be the cause and in need of replacement. With a new ECM installed the bike starts runs and drives perfectly."

"1-5-17 the bike was titled@ 854 miles. Bike did not run -ecu changed and bike operates normally. We do have the original ECU that will verify miles when installed on the bike but will not fire up."

"Judging by the miles on the disclosure, odometer and overall condition of the bike it is our expert opinion that the bike had proper break in was taken care of and ridden normally."

"The mileage is stored in the ECU not the dash. The ecu was replaced. The mileage was not reset, that is not something that is legal or even possible. The dash was not replaced but was updated with up to date software which is a normal procedure and does not affect mileage. EBR does not add miles into the ecm, They advised me this could not be done . You stating wiping out miles to make a sale is a serious accusation and something we do not take lightly. It is illegal and something we would never do here. The title will state "not actual miles" We have been in business a long time and are well aware of the laws."

"We have explained mileage of the EBR and we have a disclosure for that. We know the condition of the EBR and feel it reflects the mileage."

Without driving +8 hours, looking at it and driving it I have no way of knowing more but the VIN is 546BBAG25EE.

I pretty much burned my bridge on that possibility to finally get answers. They wanted $8614 out the door days ago, before they even explained the odometer discrepancy. They won't budge on price and got bitchy when I even offered.

I will have to keep looking because they won't sell to me.

Thanks again for the information gentlemen. Haha I guess I'll bug out to avoid more "useless" posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CRSole View Post
    How about this bike? 800 miles on it and I'm still waiting on details:

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...-SX-5000442202
    I bought my bike from them. They're good people. Hammer them on price though. They'll bend.

EDIT: Just read to the end of the thread. That wasn't so nice. They were good to me so idk why it went so badly for you lol
    Last edited by gdisaac07; 04-20-2018 at 06:54 PM.

From your own words, " I just started riding 2 years ago and the xb is my first sport bike. I just want faster acceleration, not necessarily high speeds. I ride on city streets downtown, maybe 3 miles of interstate and a couple miles of city streets "
    Am I missing something, your two years is less than equal to most on here that ride in 2-3 months of riding, the guy you flicked off above is one of the most educated on here when it comes to problem solving!

But good luck, your an engineer so you'll figure it out on your own.

man....tough crowd

Inactive
    Am I missing something, your two years is less than equal to most on here that ride in 2-3 months of riding, the guy you flicked off above is one of the most educated on here when it comes to problem solving!

But good luck, your an engineer so you'll figure it out on your own.

i haven't been sniped at on here kenny since our beloved FabioDriven was onboard. and as always i appreciate the kind sentiments.
    this rambling, braggios, chest-puffing pointless thread seems to have developed a never-ending life of its own. if nothing else it's been mildly entertaining and quite amusing. it should have and could have read as follows and been wrapped up back on the 17th:

shopping for new or lightly used EBR. prefer SX but will settle for RX. good bikes? board members thoughts please. TY
    "wonderful bikes....great motors....huge HP and torque....respectable aftermarket support....NO dealer support....appealing aesthetics....reasonably easy to maintain....no teething problems....plenty still available....$7500 will buy a sharp shopper a brand new one.....lightly used averages 20% less.....RX has punishing ergonomics for most....SX more comfortable....in essence the same bike....perimeter front brake sucks. buy one. you won't regret it.

"thanks much John. just bought one and picking it up this weekend. very excited."
    Last edited by user_deleted; 04-20-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Banned
    I would wait the new Buell electric motorcycle release. It is even faster and fits city riding range and definitely is going to be more reliable than EBR, and is is also almost maintenance free.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 04-20-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Because a brand new Erik Buell engineered thing using brand new tech will be more “dependable” than you feel the EBR is?
    You assume a LOT for an engineer.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast