Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is an 1190 SX upgrade from 2008 XB9SX a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Lol I wouldn't stand a chance fellas. But I'm perdy @ drinkin beer
    I wouldn't stand a chance either, that's why I put the reward up.....lol. Josh Hayes owns the track record with a damn near clean 1:20. Had you maniacs ready to kill yourselves for a lousy $500 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    Attachment 9590

go get the EBR lol they are soooo fun
    Nice bike! I hope to get an EBR. Waiting for responses. XB rides were fun today! We hit a high of 48F

Attachment 9590

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Oo nice! More temptation! It is an rx tho

So i have a question about 2014 1190sx I'm dealing on. Got this explanation:

"I meant to say that the dash has been updated and we replaced the ECU on the bike, making the miles say zero (sorry for that). There are 854 true miles on the bike, and it shows 854 miles on the title...."

Should this concern me? It kinda does a but they said they had like 15 EBR bikes, this is the last one left and this was the bike they took to shows. Seems like something hinky with every situation. However they did say that this bike has never been privately owned and still shows LAP as the owner, the liquidator that took over EBR.

Attachment 9590

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Did you ask why is the dash and the ECU being replaced? The dash being a 14 should be updated to the lastest firm ware as most of us have had done, But to be changed maybe it was getting a No communication code if so it should be replaced and that would Zero out the miles.
    I would just want to know why ?? But no reason not to buy it .
    It was a phone conversation where he said that some 2014 models had a defect and didn't increment mileage or something so they replaced the electronics. My concern is it means accurate mileage is basically not available to me; no way to know for certain. Convenient for a dealer but I guess we gotta trust somebody with these things. There's always risks.

I'll ask them again in email and post an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CRSole View Post
    It was a phone conversation where he said that some 2014 models had a defect and didn't increment mileage or something so they replaced the electronics. My concern is it means accurate mileage is basically not available to me; no way to know for certain. Convenient for a dealer but I guess we gotta trust somebody with these things. There's always risks.

I'll ask them again in email and post an answer.

I've not heard of ANY issues with 2014s not accurately logging miles. The dashes are crap, but that's not what your guy is claiming.
    You could follow up with TIM at IDS - he's posted before about the time interval required that they set up for the dash to be mated to the ECM. My guess would be that they swapped in components and missed the time window thus breaking the link between ECM and Dash. The downside here is that your title is going to reflect 'not actual' mileage and that's got implications for resale value.
    Last edited by Mope; 04-18-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Its never been registered still in LAP , as long as the title shows actual mileage and not as Mope said 'not actual'. Here is Tims tim@idspd.com Great guy!!!
    I've been out of the loop on federal law for a bit, but historically, if you sell a vehicle whose mileage is known to be different than the dash (odometer fraud) and don't report that on the title, it's a felony (I believe) and the punishments are steep!

I'll have to mention about checking the law about that. It has never had an owner, just LAP.

I asked them to find out the reasoning for the ECU replacement. I also asked if they could write the reasoning up, sign it and provide at time of sale. This should be explanation enough for a future buyer...not there would be one for a very, very long time if ever.

Unless the title is branded "not actual mileage" I wouldn't be concerned at all.

It is a good bargaining point to buy it from the dealer cheaper though! Maybe negotiate a service agreement?
    Too bad you don't have cash for the upgrade, and be able to get one from a private party. You would save so much $$...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast