Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is an 1190 SX upgrade from 2008 XB9SX a good choice?

What in the flying fu@k is going on here????? To the bareback water skier dude. Please don't take offense, I truly don't believe that an EBR 1190 is really the motorcycle for a guy with only two yrs or so seat time, or a guy that doesn't really care to go 100 mph, or a guy that just cruises around town, or a guy that hasn't been on a racetrack. This machine is not a toy, it is a very serious piece of machinery that will get you laid out on a stainless steel table so your family can come identify your remains if you disrespect it. As is the case with the rest of the hypersport machines. Christ, I ride a 1000cc twin superbike on the track regularly and if someone handed me an 1190 rx i would proceed very gingerly with it for the first few laps. My above statements are out of concern and not to be a wiseass, it's your ass man, not mine!

I was using a grinder at work today, modified an exhaust shield on a new Jeep JL. Guess that makes me a machinist, mechanic and an engineer. By the way a like that Road glide but prefer the Street glide. I can't get over the frame mounted fairing. When I turn the bars I need the rest to move with them.

Personally I could never look through a windshield on a bike. Maybe I just like bugs in my teeth?

Banned
    It will be more reliable because of it will be electric motorcycle, is is simpler, less parts.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    What in the flying fu@k is going on here????? To the bareback water skier dude. Please don't take offense, I truly don't believe that an EBR 1190 is really the motorcycle for a guy with only two yrs or so seat time, or a guy that doesn't really care to go 100 mph, or a guy that just cruises around town, or a guy that hasn't been on a racetrack. This machine is not a toy, it is a very serious piece of machinery that will get you laid out on a stainless steel table so your family can come identify your remains if you disrespect it. As is the case with the rest of the hypersport machines. Christ, I ride a 1000cc twin superbike on the track regularly and if someone handed me an 1190 rx i would proceed very gingerly with it for the first few laps. My above statements are out of concern and not to be a wiseass, it's your ass man, not mine!
    Wally hit the nail on the head!! John at least you know who not to help. Some people have NO idea what they are doing. This world is in trouble with people like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    True I wouldn’t give my EBR to a newer rider with limited miles on a high power bike. These bikes want to be ran ragged, if you putt around it feels like you are hurting the machine. It want to go all the time..

Oh and the front wheel will pull up at 100 with the flick of a wrist in the right gear... my smile grows larger

As Cooter says, If you enjoy laughing, crying, and pooping yourself at the same time.

I upgraded from my xb9sl to a 1190SX about two years ago, and have never regretted it. The xb was my first bike and had only been riding for about two years when I upgraded.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Because a brand new Erik Buell engineered thing using brand new tech will be more “dependable” than you feel the EBR is?
    You assume a LOT for an engineer.

he's just trolling again shaughn. typical. he never owned an EBR and never will but espousing their reliability or lack thereof. have never run across a buell product owner who seems to hold the brand in such utter contempt as he does. pitiful actually!

Banned
    You don't need to own motorcycle to perform research in internet.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast