Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Is an 1190 SX upgrade from 2008 XB9SX a good choice?

So I'll throw my hand in here on the bike front for a sec. I took my SX out on track yesterday and, despite being very comfortable and competent on the street, felt like I didn't even squeeze 1/10th of the performance that an EBR is capable of. And I've put hundreds of hours of work into my bike. Here's just a taste of what you have to look forward to with this bike.

• The ability to go ludicrously deep into corners and hit your apex
    • Brakes that are significantly more powerful than you'd ever expect (though I am running SBS 856ds pads, which help the bike stop like you put a stick between the spokes). Stoppies on command.
    • Power wheelies. All the time. Crack the throttle open to 50% in the right gear? Front gets light. Hit a crest at 120 and switch gears up? Front is 1.5 feet in the air.
    • The gearing with the right sprocket is unbelievable. I did almost the entire track (with the exception of the straights) in 2nd gear. 80mph before braking into a corner in 2nd gear is a thing.
    • Rear wheel chatter. If you don't rev match perfectly on corner entry, your rear tire will skip and break traction. There is too much torque for mistakes.
    • Feel. Everywhere. I've upgraded my suspension, so I suppose it's a bit different, but you can feel input constantly.
    • Noise. With the DA pipe, it's in all likelihood louder than anything else at the track. Louder than a Termi Panigale. Louder than the Aprilia with the SC Project exhaust. It's loud AF.
    • Everyone is constantly looking at you. Asking about your bike. Talking to you about it. It's an attention magnet.

If these are things you want in your life, get the bike. It's not for the faint of heart. But it's something you will fall in complete and utter love with.

IMG_0447 copy.jpg

IMG_0448 copy.jpg

Yes , Looking Good! You have shared with the group the great thrills that only a EBR owner can experience!!

[IMG]Ebr 1190SX by Doug D, on Flickr[/IMG]

Looks reliable smells reliable feels reliable must be American junk lol

Quote Originally Posted by gdisaac07 View Post
    So I'll throw my hand in here on the bike front for a sec. I took my SX out on track yesterday and, despite being very comfortable and competent on the street, felt like I didn't even squeeze 1/10th of the performance that an EBR is capable of. And I've put hundreds of hours of work into my bike. Here's just a taste of what you have to look forward to with this bike.

• The ability to go ludicrously deep into corners and hit your apex
    • Brakes that are significantly more powerful than you'd ever expect (though I am running SBS 856ds pads, which help the bike stop like you put a stick between the spokes). Stoppies on command.
    • Power wheelies. All the time. Crack the throttle open to 50% in the right gear? Front gets light. Hit a crest at 120 and switch gears up? Front is 1.5 feet in the air.
    • The gearing with the right sprocket is unbelievable. I did almost the entire track (with the exception of the straights) in 2nd gear. 80mph before braking into a corner in 2nd gear is a thing.
    • Rear wheel chatter. If you don't rev match perfectly on corner entry, your rear tire will skip and break traction. There is too much torque for mistakes.
    • Feel. Everywhere. I've upgraded my suspension, so I suppose it's a bit different, but you can feel input constantly.
    • Noise. With the DA pipe, it's in all likelihood louder than anything else at the track. Louder than a Termi Panigale. Louder than the Aprilia with the SC Project exhaust. It's loud AF.
    • Everyone is constantly looking at you. Asking about your bike. Talking to you about it. It's an attention magnet.

If these are things you want in your life, get the bike. It's not for the faint of heart. But it's something you will fall in complete and utter love with.

IMG_0447 copy.jpg

IMG_0448 copy.jpg
    Looks like you were delivering the mail with that back tire.....joking w ya man but don't be afraid to hang off that thing man, it ain't gonna fall over!20180423_171440.jpg And if your rear wheel is chattering at the entry cone then your downshifting way to early, stay on the brakes hard and downshift later. Either that or you were in second and shifted into 1st to take the corner, try being in third, grab the brakes at the marker and shift into second at the entry cone and take your corner in second, start rolling the bike up and the throttle on simultaneously as you head for the exit cone then into third again as you drive off towards you next attack point.
    Last edited by wickedchop; 04-23-2018 at 11:05 PM.

dunlop .jpg

how does this look Chop ?

Perfect.....the other guy will figure it out soon enough. Lol

MakingPAIN, your bike looks great but your neighbors drift car dream project SUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    MakingPAIN, your bike looks great but your neighbors drift car dream project SUCKS!
    Focus ! on the EBR !!! LOL

Hahahha omg that’s great!!!!!!! That car is a clapped out turd!! He blew it up thinking he could put a turbo on it with no tune

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast