Thread: MegaLogViewer MS or HD?

MegaLogViewer MS or HD?

Years ago did some data logging on the 07TT with ECMSpy and the free Buell MegaLogViewer program. Things worked out pretty well and got the bike running a lot smoother. That said I've probably left a bit on the table.

Being retired and with the nicer weather slowly approaching I've got the time to dink around with it some more. Wondering which program to download MegaLogViewer MS, or HD. Which one do you think I should go with?

Are we talking the same bike? Or have you gotten a newer model XB (08-10)? If you still have the software you previously used, just keep using it. If you no longer have any software I would recommend donating to ECMSpy MONO and doing everything you want all within that software. You can log and run dynamic maps where the software will adjust the closed loop cells based on the data within the log (with stock narrow band sensor), you also have an option to run a wide band sensor and feed in its data for the software to adjust the entire map. You can have a look here http://www.ecmspy.com and read through the user guide here http://www.ecmspy.com/ug_mono/V2.0/liveandlogdata.shtml have a look at section "Log File Analysis" then "dynamic maps".

MegalogViewer is a more general purpose tool that I often use to tune not just my Buells, but Fords, Subarus, Hondas, you name it. The HD version of the tool offers some unique analysis capabilities which are very powerful in the right hands. Of course, this depends on how deep into tuning science and analysis you are. As I am often paid to tune a wide range of vehicles, I prefer to use MegalogViewer HD. It's been many years since I messed around with ECMSpy, but it's obviously designed to support a very specific audience - which may make it somewhat easier to use.