Thread: Ulysses stock Pannier Racks

Ulysses stock Pannier Racks

Curious. I did some searching and couldn't come up with a conclusive answer. Is the Ulysses stock Pannier Rack system unique to only Buell Ulysses? Or is it interchangeable with other manufacturers systems/hard boxes? I see all sorts of different boxes mounted on Ulys, but wonder if they had to change the racks.

Not sure on interchange, but i know they are hepco becker cases, which the same cases fit other bikes with brackets for those bags. So, stands to reason that other cases made to fit hepco becker brackets would fit on a Ulysses? I think lots of people have been building there own too. Now that you can get a Ulysses pretty cheaply its hard for someone to drop $800 dollars on side cases when a couple weekends and some ammo boxes will do.

Mine's got the "outdoorsman" top and side cases, also the same as the police package.
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 04-18-2018 at 12:02 PM.

https://www.hepco-shop.de/produkte/g...ilber-229.html

looks like these would attach to the stock brackets

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    https://www.hepco-shop.de/produkte/g...ilber-229.html

looks like these would attach to the stock brackets

Yes, those are fairly rare - I sold a NOS set I got from the EBR auction. They are the Journey edition and come in a couple different capacities. Really nice units.
    Technically, you mount them in reverse. There are threads on the Journeys working on the stock Uly H&B racks.

Thx for the responses. That clears it up a bit. It's too bad they're all so damned expensive, it'd be fun to have some smaller. slimmer hard cases on my Uly when not on long trips. Something just to toss t-shirts and rain gear in for day trips.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jl551c View Post
    Thx for the responses. That clears it up a bit. It's too bad they're all so damned expensive, it'd be fun to have some smaller. slimmer hard cases on my Uly when not on long trips. Something just to toss t-shirts and rain gear in for day trips.
    just build your own. did precisely that for 2 of my ulys thru the years and worked like a charm for day tripping and overniters. use link below for the rack system which is fairly priced then get a set of econo soft side bags off evilbay and mount them. i repeatedly did this for about $275 all in. not many other options out there for the ulys.

http://www.happy-trail.com/find-your...l-ulysses.html

I swear by my MotoCentric soft bags. No hard mounts on the bike, I can attach or remove them in 3 seconds and they carry everything I need. Just in case of a spill, I put anything fragile in the tank bag.

I swear by the revpaks soft bags carry everything for camping and....................... they are insulated and water proof so you can carry beer and ice ! He makes them in California.

P.S. I tried post up a picture of my Ully with them on but can't get the picture out of the computer ?? They're mounted on the stock Hepco and Becker frames.
    Last edited by njloco; 04-19-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Hmm.... thanks. There's a lot more options to explore than I thought.