Thread: New to Buells

I just picked up and '05 XB12Scg with 3000 mi, all stock. I have a few questions. First is the fan runs when I shut the key off, that seems weird to me that it is not on when I stop but when I switch the key off it runs for a few minutes.

It seems a bit lurchy at low load cruising, like its a tad lean. Under any load its fine but it doesn't seem right to me. On perhaps a related note, I think the battery is on its way out. When I hit the button, after the first 'hit' the starter stops for a fraction of a second before it turns over and fires up... Is my battery weak and messing with the FI?

I plan on purchasing a Jardine pipe, do I need to 'remap' for that or is it ok? What are the remapping options, besides the Race ECU?

And last for now, will a standard seat fit on the cg bike? I cant see why it wouldn't, I could use a little more leg room.

Thanks!
    Chris

congrats with the buy! ;)

1) normal, no riding = no wind => forced cooling with fan.

2)a. don't know what you mean with the lurchy & lean stuff (shoot me, i'm european :D)
    b. normal, this happens when the engine is just in compression stage. i use an optimate battery loader when i don't use the bike for more than a week.

3) best result is a remap, second is a race ecu and 3rd leave it as is.
    all depends if you're buying the pipe for performance or sound.

It seems a bit lurchy at low load cruising, like its a tad lean. Under any load its fine but it doesn't seem right to me.
    From what I can tell, that's normal. That's what you get for buying a Harley. They hiccup, spit, sputter and jump leaving from idle. You'll get used to the throttle and be able to eliviate some of that...and if it still bothers you, doing the various (and cheap ) airbox mods will take care of some of that. Just don't spend much time at low RPM's...the bike is built for acceleration...use it. :D

First, welcome.

Second, I bought my bike w/ a Jardine and I want to change it. From everything I've read on this and other forums, the Jardine takes away your low- and mid-range torque. Those are exactly what I bought the bike for. I would recommend reading into Original Drummer mufflers. American Sportbike (ASB around here) wrote a report on the exhausts available for XBs. You should read that on their webpage.

Whoa. Didn't read the date on the first post.... Umm...nevermind. You probably already bought an exhaust. And you've been here longer than me. Mmkay.

**Double post**