Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cycle engine sounds

pretty cool video. I miss the 2-strokes a little bit, then I remember how much smoother power deliver has become. One of these days, I must ride an ol' triple H1/H2.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by badmotorscooter View Post
    pretty cool video. I miss the 2-strokes a little bit, then I remember how much smoother power deliver has become. One of these days, I must ride an ol' triple H1/H2.
    still to this day the Kawasaki 500 and 750 triples remain some of the most compelling, thrilling, terrifying and sought-after bikes in the world. here's a few from my collection. the white/blue 69 Mach-III 500 is the first year for the "Kawi triple" and this one is the earliest known to exist in the world.
    my 69 h1.jpg
    myH2.jpg

Beautiful bike and, yes they were,are, very, very fast !

Damn fine bikes Lunatic! They make me feel like I'm near a stripper with a gun.

I could throw a leg over, but she'd kill me.....

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Damn fine bikes Lunatic! They make me feel like I'm near a stripper with a gun.

I could throw a leg over, but she'd kill me.....
    thanks a ton for the kind words shaughn and as usual you had me laughing. you and i know kawasaki heavy industries has always been the "wild mans' corporation" when it comes to motorcycling. when a company like kawasaki "tones down" a bike after a year or 2 of production....ergo the 69 H1 and the 72 H2....it had to be a mad-man's bike right out of the crate. which they indeed were.

They have the luxury of making motorcycles for fun, why not push the boundaries? I would

A Kawi triple made my big toe touch my shin one day. Broken Tibia/Fibia, and a giant black angry Sow.

I grew up riding 2 stroke dirt bikes. You never get tired of that power band and those high rpms. I've never had the pleasure of riding a 2 stroke street bike but I can only imagine the grin factor. Those bikes look great. Old guy at my shop told me stories of those triples and he said they were amazing.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I grew up riding 2 stroke dirt bikes. You never get tired of that power band and those high rpms. I've never had the pleasure of riding a 2 stroke street bike but I can only imagine the grin factor. Those bikes look great. Old guy at my shop told me stories of those triples and he said they were amazing.
    thanks for the compliment josh. early H1's and all the H2's have skyrocketed out of the financial reach of many but the 250/350/400 triples less tempermental and still relatively affordable. you can also pick up very nice 250/350/400 yamaha RD's for reasonable money. they're wonderful bikes, infinite parts availability and bomb-proof drivelines. hell of alot of enjoyment and performance for not all that much $.

After I finish up with my M2 build I may look into one of those. Thanks for the info .

Today was a good day for a smoke at Newcombs Ranch.

Check out the Kenny Roberts sig on the RZ350!!!
    https://youtu.be/JdSoHf8bHmY
    https://youtu.be/JdSoHf8bHmY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast