Thread: Possible return to the XBF world

Possible return to the XBF world

Hey guys,

i have been in the market for another bike for the past few months. I have really had my mind set on something italian (like an MV Brutale or Ducati SB) but then I remembered the fun that i had with my old XB12R. I figured it will be a hell of a lot more reliable than the pasta rockets and when something does inevitably break, it will be dirt cheap and easy to repair myself.

I had purchased my blue/orange XB back in 2006 brand new so i cannot really gauge too much off that experience so i do have a few questions.

- first and foremost, i am 6'8 tall. Yes, i fit my tall, black ass on one back then and i haven't grown since but can any tall riders enlighten me about the comfort and how goofy i will look

other than that, anything to avoid when searching for one? also, if i remember correctly, the rear reat cowl slides over the rear seat, am i correct?

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the feedback.

I'm 6'2" and my 2009 XB12R fits OK. After several hours I need to unfold and take a break.
    Yes the cowl fits over the rear seat. Never used that rear seat and most likely will not.

My S3T feels like a big comfy sofa after a couple of weeks on the XB. But then a couple of days later I find myself back on the XB.

I 2nd what airbozo said, I'm 6'3" (6' 4" if i've been drinking) and I find the XBR a little tight but totally doable with a thick seat and drop pegs. Thought about an XBSs? I can go all day, everyday on that one

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I'm 6'5” (6' 9” with the afro))
    Fixed it for you.

Pretty good dribbler too.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-26-2018 at 05:32 AM.

^^^^^^^ Epic movie line!

Quote Originally Posted by airbozo View Post
    I'm 6'2" and my 2009 XB12R fits OK. After several hours I need to unfold and take a break.
    Yes the cowl fits over the rear seat. Never used that rear seat and most likely will not.

My S3T feels like a big comfy sofa after a couple of weeks on the XB. But then a couple of days later I find myself back on the XB.
    Here is my problem, when it comes to cars and bikes, i usually am attracted to things i cannot fit onto/into properly so i can make compromises with driving in a go-kart driving position and look like i am riding a minibike. i had a Hayabusa after my XB and always hated it because it was too big. This week, i rode my fathers BMW r1200GS adventure and though they are excellent bikes, it is much too big feeling for me. i miss the raw, visceral feeling of a smaller V-twin sportbike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I 2nd what airbozo said, I'm 6'3" (6' 4" if i've been drinking) and I find the XBR a little tight but totally doable with a thick seat and drop pegs. Thought about an XBSs? I can go all day, everyday on that one
    this is crazy but until yesterday, i didnt even know they made an SS. i usually pride myself with knowing all models of cars and bikes but i was astonished when i read about this bike. i think these may be harder to find. I do like them however.

An STT is the same length as the Ss, but taller. I really like mine, but it's been modded a bit.