Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pleeease help me decide!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Whats Botts dots?
    Non reflective lane markers

In some cases, an ultra low mileage one may be a worse deal than one that has a fair amount of miles.
    It looks like it's still stock silver and he added a black stripe on the air box. Ducati style haha would 14,000 miles scare you off it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ooftabud View Post
    It looks like it's still stock silver and he added a black stripe on the air box. Ducati style haha would 14,000 miles scare you off it?

For a 10+ year old bike that’s pretty good! If the seller has a maintenance history, even better.

Whats Botts dots?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botts%27_dots

In some cases, an ultra low mileage one may be a worse deal than one that has a fair amount of miles.
    That is a VERY good point. Unless you're starting a museum, there is a whole lot of potential problems with a bike that has sat most of it's life.

14,000 miles divided by 10 years is 1400 miles a year. Pretty low, and these will run past 100K without costing what one Ducati valve adjust does
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-11-2018 at 06:14 PM.

I've also come across claims that 05 and older have cutouts in the frame for an intercooler. Can anyone confirm or deny? Adding a speed snail in the future would be a good way to keep long term interest

There's rumors that the XB bikes were supposed to be turbo from the factory.
    There is a hole in the frame of some of the older bikes that leads to the airbox and the left side scoop feeds that. Later bikes filled that in for more fuel capacity. If you want to turbo a Buell go ahead, it has been done very successfully a couple times, but don't let that frame hole be the deciding factor.

Potentially, maybe, I guess it depends on how it was stored. My 07 SS find had 617 miles on it, that's 61.7 miles per year, but so far, no problems @ 1400+ miles. I did notice what sounds like a lifter noise after installing the Special Ops muffler but, I'm from the old school, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Oh no that's not the deciding factor haha just a very interesting tidbit I came across. So far I love everything about the Buell except that it was discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by Ooftabud View Post
    So far I love everything about the Buell except that it was discontinued
    Haha that’s pretty much where we all stand!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast