Thread: Need help with header nuts off inside block

Need help with header nuts off inside block

Hey guys, I've had my buell for about 5 years now and I've always taken it to Harley to have it serviced. Problem is they don't have anymore buell mechanics here so I guess I gotta learn and I'd love all your support and help. So my current problem is that I need to put the nuts back on the interior header that connects to the block. I was getting some backfiring and then one day it was super loud and had no power and noticed it had come off. So I watched a youtube video that show this guy dropping the back tire and break to remove the rear shock, he removed the fan and was able to get in there and tight the nuts again. My question is, can I remove the rear shock without dropping the back tire? If so that would be great news.. it looks like I can by disconnect and dropping the battery compartment to give me some room. PLEASE HELP!

You don't need to remove any of that if you get a 1/4" drive ratchet with a long extension and a swivel socket. You can get to all four header nuts (two front, two rear) without removing any parts. I believe they are 9/16".sockets.JPG

Thanks, i just took it in and paid a heafty amount but at least i have piece of mind. But i do have another question if you wouldnt mind? They replaced my battery it was for sure dead, i drove it home fine. Cleaned it today amd started it bout five times, went to dinner then it wouldnt start just a bunch of clicks. Had to push start in seond gear, got home cleaned all heads, its a brand new battery. Any ideas ?

Check the battery connections and all chassis grounds for sure. Check voltage while the engine is running. If it's not charging, you could have a problem with your stator, voltage regulator, or their associated connectors.