Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: She sounds sweet !

She sounds sweet !

Took the baby ( 07 XB12ss ) out today for a short shake down run after installing a K&N and a Special Ops muffler. She ran great and sounds really good except for the slight amount of back popping on deceleration so, John as usual, you were right again, I'll need a tune !

I received my Buelltooth this past Thursday but haven't done anything with it yet, they don't list a specific tune for a Special Ops muffler but I have read on here that I can use a race tune. Just wondering if anyone has a specific tune for it ?

Inactive
    if you and your pal can ever load it up and get it over to me kenny i can at least install a generic race tune and a short "ride in learn mode" which helps a ton across the board. you must buy lunch!

You know what is interesting, I'm more than likely coming down your way to buy an RV toy hauler, sometime within the next week or two. Maybe we could line it up then, I'll be more than happy to buy lunch !

Thanks.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, as I remember, the worst thing deceleration backfiring would usually do is, maybe clean some built up carbon out of the firing chamber ?
    Last edited by njloco; 04-29-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Inactive
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, as I remember, the worst thing deceleration backfiring would usually do is, maybe clean some built up carbon out of the firing chamber ?

decel "back-firing" is non-existent kenny. mentioned this on here dozens of times before. a back-fire is combustion blowing past one or more intake valves and up into the air intake system....hence the "pop".
    after-fire is either combustion blowing past 1 or more exhaust valves and into the open exhaust system....or raw un-burned fuel combusting in the exhaust system and out the exhaust end-pipe. you're experiencing mild "after-fire on decel" when you shut the throttle in gear and coast. harms nothing. just slightly annoying.

I'm surprised it would be unburned gas, not second guessing you in anyway, just saying, doesn't the stock buell tune run lean ?

I'm still learning here.
    Last edited by njloco; 04-29-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Yes, it's a little lean stock. Adding more efficient flow through the motor with a less restrictive air filter and exhaust makes it run slightly leaner than that.
    The lean mixture in the bike doesn't burn completely, causing the rest to burn when it hits oxygen.Pop pop pop. No biggie, but it will run better with the right tune

O.k. makes perfect sense, so now I just have to find a tune or, I'll wait until I see John, hopefully in a week or two.

Thanks for good info.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    you're experiencing mild "after-fire on decel" when you shut the throttle in gear and coast. harms nothing. just slightly annoying.
    I don't find it annoying. I love it!

Under normal circumstances, whatever normal may be, I wouldn't want to have the popping sound but, riding around in the heavy traffic in the Soviet state of NJ, I think the extra noise would be a big help alerting these moron's on their cell phones and driving while dead.

NJLoco, I have a 2007 XB12S with the K&N filter and D&D pipe. I have the Race Tune, Micron Tune, and my own tune (which I've been running for the past two years) so if want the files and/or some screen shots of the fueling and timing maps, just let me know. I'm using ECMspy.

Here is the link to the screenshots that another member asked about: https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...th-open-exaust

Last edited by JDHaggard; 05-02-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast