Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: She sounds sweet !

While I certainly appreciate the offer, I'm not smart enough to be able to change a tune, I did take a look the screen shots (it was like seeing the Exorcist for the first time) also wouldn't trust my self. From what I understand though, the Special Ops muffler will work with the Buell race only, tune. I'd be pretty surprised if someone didn't successfully produce a really good tune for it also.

P.S. I just took a ride and I'm already tired of hearing the popping so, it has to go ! I also like the idea of the engine running cooler and the fan having to come on less.
    Last edited by njloco; 05-02-2018 at 08:55 PM.

So do you want the ‘Race’ Tune?

O.k. just so I can understand this, is it the Buell race tune ?

NJ, you might be better off sending your ECM to Tim at IDS. No muss, no fuss.

Yeah Cooter, your probably right, I did watch a ecmspy demo on taking the stock ECM saving it and then loading a race tune, it seemed pretty simple to do but, you know how that sometimes goes !

Once you get the tune, it will run better ,cooler , less decel poopping, The fan will oper less, a little more responsiveness and more power. Tim will fix you up .

Let me ask this, if I down load a tune from the Buelltooth site would it be the same as sending in my ECM. I ask because I've been reading the instructions on their site and I'm pretty sure I could handle this without screwing up too much. I mean I was thinking I was going to have to change the tunes to tweak them up and all that but I'm pretty sure I can handle what they're describing in the tutorial and, there is only one way to learn.

I already know to save the original tune, in a safe place. I'm going to hook up the Bluetooth later and get the ECM number, and then from there I'll just go along with the tutorial and if I screw up or have questions, my neighbor is a computer whiz. Since I'm just looking for a good tune and they don't seem to make a specific tune for the Special Ops muffler, I'll just go with the race tune, 05-07. I'll let you guys know how I make out, give me a few days, I might have to go back to work tomorrow.

If you are going to try and build a tune, I'd use ECMSpy, or TunerPro.

If you just want to download an existing 'Race' tune, ECMDroid is perfect for that. I believe thats all you need to do for your mods

Kenny, I'm sure you'll do fine with uploading a tune yourself. That said, if for some reason you decide to pay for a tune, I'll also put in a plug for the folks at IDS. I bought a new ECM for my 2009 XB12Ss (Drummer SS) from them and have been very happy. They have a specific tune for the Special Ops. http://idspd.com/xcart/buell-xb12-04...l-ops-ecm.html

While it's not a question of $ and, if I needed a new ECM, I could see paying the $300 for IDS ecm, but at the same time, if I'm reading this correct, it's $200 for them just to load a tune into my existing ECM and ship it back to me ? That seems a bit steep for something that a knowledgeable person could do themselves. Now while I am not a knowledgeable person with computers and such, I do know the only way to learn is to take the first step and since I've already done that by buying the Buelltooth and studying the info on their web site, I am thinking I will take the shot and try doing it myself with a race tune e from Buelltooth, the worst that can happen is I'll have to reinstall the stock tune.

No, I will not be changing things round or remapping, none of that, but thanks for the info.

I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes.

Last edited by njloco; 05-04-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast