Thread: 09 XB12R chain conversion

09 XB12R chain conversion

I'm in the process of accumulating all of the appropriate parts for a 530 chain conversion set up on my 09 xb12r. I recently purchased the PBI 277 21t front sprocket based on my research but upon arrival I noticed that the bolt pattern is completely different on my current transmission sprocket (one bolt at 6 o'clock and the other at midnight whereas the pbi 277 has a bolt pattern of 3 unevenly spaced holes). It looks like this sprocket only works on buell models up to 2006. Does anyone know of a transmission sprocket for a chain conversion that will fit my model bike?

You could just drill/tap at 180* from one of those holes. All they do his hold the plate on for the nut safety.

Banned
    You could specify and order custom sprocket on http://superiorsprockets.com and it will be cheaper than stock sprocket and will have the holes where you need them.

Thanks guys. I misunderstood the point of those screws. Another guy from the forum informed me that the PBI sprocket doesn't require the locking plate, which is what those screws are for. Just torque down the nut and screw a socket head bolt into whichever hole lines up.

Since I believe there is no kit currently still available. Can someone compile a parts list to do chain conversion for those who want to make the swap

Banned
    There is available kit from Free Spirit.

I've done several conversions with a PBI front sprocket, vortex rear, and either a 520 or 530 chain, depending on what you pick sprocket wise. Easy Peasy.

I have heard the F.S. tensioner breaks. True or false?

True. Lots of threads about it.

Thanks. I'll just keep the parts in a box where they belong.